Armoury

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Armoury

Post by Viech »

Here's the latest pk3. I'll have a look at home (better screen) before providing feedback though.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

More shots:

All in all the armoury and its textures turned out very good and doesn't seem to have any technical issues! There's really just three things I'd change about the texture:

• The material looks really good but is quite a bit brighter than the other structures. It might blend in better if it was a tad darker, in case that doesn't hurt the credibility/quality of the material. Especially the feet seem quite bright.

• On the side of the feet there are four lamps, three in a row and a fourth above the others close to the hinge. The fourth doesn't really look credible, I'd replace it with something like a screw.

• The top of the armoury is a bit boring, texture wise. You'll see it quite a bit when climbing your base or jumping on top of the armoury as an alien. Maybe you can figure out some additional details?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

What about that?

Attachments
screenshot002.jpg
screenshot002.jpg (157.93 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
screenshot001.jpg
screenshot001.jpg (83.2 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
screenshot000.jpg
screenshot000.jpg (139.11 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Nice! I hope Viech approves.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Good improvment on the detail!

• I find the stain on the main body above the screen is a bit too bold (the stain on the lower part seems fine because it isn't as wide).

• The structure of the new detail on the top is nice, but it looks really rusty and old while it should rather look shiny but used (scratches, a little dirt, similiar to the Telenode or the rest of the Armoury but not rusty or uneven).

• The feet look a lot better now.

I'm not sure if red is the ideal color for the parts in question. Feel free to experiment with that and see if you can make it look a bit more like military equipment by giving it a darker tone and/or a different color. Could also help with blending in with the other buildables. (Just a suggestion though, if you like red stick with it but don't feel compelled to use red just beacus it was used on the concept.)

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

For the stain no problem I'll put it less wide.

The detail on the top don't have any rust so I'm not sure what you see as rust because it's a plain metal like the rest of the stucture so maybe just some precision on that!(I think it's the normal map that making it look ''bumpy'')I'll try to fix it

I personally really like the color like this (the red and everything) but if you'd like another color I can try something else without problem!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

If you like the color, keep it like this. And yes, the metal dish in the middle of the top looks really bumpy on that shot, like some ancient iron plate. Normal map should be smooth apart from scratches.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Release is on Sunday. If you can get the updated textures out by then, we can include the armory in the release.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

I'll send them tonight and see what it looks like in the engine! :)

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

I sent them to kharnov :)