Armoury

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Armoury

Post by Viech »

Warvinc wrote:

I tried different things but it wont work because if I do,the screen will be too far compared to the keyboard since the keyboard is really close to the armoury

Have you tried extending the keyboard, too? I think a detailed console setup could really make a difference here.

For the screen, just texture it as if it was off inside the diffuse, specular and normal map. Inside the glow map, we can then later add any image (and update it easily as development goes on). I think ideally we will want to show a (static) copy of the build menu that is shown to players, but the menu isn't finished yet. It might even be possible to actually render a functional (?) menu inside the screen at some point, though that would be quite a bit in the future.

The new shape and added details are looking good so far! :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

-Extend the keyboard with a stand you mean?or give me an exemple!

-And also what do you mean by detailed console?

-(do you want the keyboard to be like a real keyboard,or something more like digital one)

http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/uplo ... yboard.jpg

thanks!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I'm just saying, if the current keyboard prevents you from making the screen more detailed, feel free to change the keyboard to fit your needs. Extending it together with the screen could work.

With "console" I meant both keyboard and screen, so everything that a human would interact with. I have troubles finding a good looking example of a wall mounted console though.

Whether the keyboard is digital or hardware, I don't mind. I think a hard keyboard would fit out style a bit better.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

I'm not able to attach picture here,saying: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
So click on the link!

what about that?(the keyboard/screen part)

Another question: wil the keyboard be use in a interactive way?I'd like to know if I need to put every key from the keyboard in the modelling,or only in the texture!

Thanks!:)

http://hpics.li/c874869

http://hpics.li/c61d672

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looking good to me! (Though I could judge proportion more easily if I saw the whole structure.) The keyboard won't be interactive, you can put the keys in the high poly/texture. We'll have someone increase the attachment limit.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

The limits were raised.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

here's the whole structure!

Attachments
Keyboard.jpg
Keyboard.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Still looking good, can't wait for the high poly. :smile:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

When texturing the armoury, could you give the display area of the screen a texture space of its own? In the distant future, this will allow us to render the actual (maybe even usable) buy menu inside it.

Also, I think you could make the screen a tad bigger.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

You mean everything in the same texture but a place for the screen or you want a texture for the armoury and one for the screen?

and okay no problem :)