Armoury

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Warvinc
Modeler

Re: Armoury

Post by Warvinc »

So you want me to copy the screen/keyboard thing 3 times?(because there is 3 division)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yes. It can be entirely symmetric (and ideally use the same texture space for all three sides).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Hi guys!here's my low poly with baked normal mal,I'll start the texture soon!

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (364.58 KiB) Viewed 7548 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (306.38 KiB) Viewed 7548 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (218.2 KiB) Viewed 7548 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Sweet! Not seeing any issues with the low poly. How many triangles does it have?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Since you guys wanted it to be entirely symmetric(3 sides) it's a bit more than what I thought, 7716 tris !

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I was just curious, 8k is fine, you only need one or two armouries per base anyway.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Great :) is there anything you don't like about the color on the concept art or I can go with pretty much the same color that Alex chose?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The diffuse colors are up to you, if you like what Alex did, go ahaed! With regards to the material (specularity, scratches, dirtyness, etc.) try to be similiar to the Telenode for consistency (and since it came out nice ingame).

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Good one last question,for the screen,you wanted to have 1 texture for it only,but which size do you want it to be?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

If it's possible, map all three screen surfaces (but just those – not their frames!) to a single seperate texture map. The size really doesn't matter as we can scale it to our needs as soon as we are able to autogenerate its contents. I assume using powers of two for the side lengthes of texture maps has some engine-level benefits, so given the aspect ratio of the screen, you could make the width be twice the height. All in all, 1024×512 should work well. (You can leave some of it unused if you want the aspect ratios of screen and UV space to be the same, try to center the used area on the texture though.) For a start, you could paint a black diffuse with little specularity and a very slight homogenous glow map on it (so that it looks like a TFT screen showing a completely black image).