Booster

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
jdreyna
Modeler

Re: Booster

Post by jdreyna »

You should be receiving my email with the attached maps and models, both a quad model and the decimated tri model, please let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks again!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Could you email it to me, too? We'll look into getting this animated for the release.

jdreyna
Modeler

Post by jdreyna »

sent you a copy to your gmail Kharnov.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

hey! i've checked your model and here some issues i found:
first: low-poly version is made with some algo and is not quite usable for animation(well, i can use it, but it will look like ass).
second: textures are 1k, but we need 2k
third: uv's don't match texture. It's fixable, but i think you should have original mesh with matching uvs.

That's all from me, hope to "hear" from you soon :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

On the other hand, the good news is that gavlig takes a break from animating the Basilisk (which also has issues, unfortunately) and will bring your Booster ingame instead! :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

jdreyna
Modeler

Post by jdreyna »

Hey thanks for the quick response, I will actually work on those right now. I must have forgot to click the 2 k button in Zbrush so I'll get that to you. Was the problem with the algo more or less in the little spires? I used zremesher on this project so while it may have given me a good quad model, it probably didn't add the loops where I wanted it. I can correct these though. Im not sure why the uv's weren't lining up in the version I sent you, was it just flipped wrong? I'll check that out and get back to you in an hour or so.

jdreyna
Modeler

Post by jdreyna »

Hey, I had to retool the texture map as I had inadvertently forgot to save and only had the 1k map to work from so I did a little work tonight, got it close to what it was before and I’ve attached the appropriate files here. I also forgot that when exporting for Zbrush that for some reason it flips the UV’s and the texture maps. I opened up the obj in maya and confirmed that the UV’s and textures should be lining up. Also quick thing, I wasn’t exactly sure what wasn’t working well with the model for it to not be animatable. I looked at the spires and the appropriate loops seem to be in place, the one thing I did notice were some of the loops that didn’t exactly get created around the tubes on the back, but rest assured everything should be quad-ed out. I also wasn’t sure what exactly to send in way of the original geometry as I read on some other parts of the forums of other users that if the model was 6 k in quads that it wasn’t going to work for you guys when it gets tri-ed. I hope I got that right. The current model in tri’s would probably be too much but I can always decimate the thing and see if I can get something more workable than what I sent the first time around. Open up the model named booster_jdreyna1 and let me know if it at least looks correct in this form and if all the maps are lining up for you as well. I will post this same thing on the forum just for my own record taking of what needs to be done.

jdreyna
Modeler

Post by jdreyna »

gavlig I got a failure to send email back so Im not sure if the message got to you. I can send it to your email if your prefer or you will probably get it forwarded to you by Kharnov.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Forwarded to gavlig, thanks!

jdreyna
Modeler

Post by jdreyna »

Also did some tests on decimating this so once you guys know the answer to my previous question let me know and I can send the tri model out.