Barricade

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
SyphonX
Modeler

Re: Barricade

Post by SyphonX »

Sure can do, I'll move on to the modelling/texturing phase after I polish wherever needs polishing.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Looking good! :thumbup:

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

I've done the retopo, but the current tri count sits at 9200 triangles. The tentacles are the large culprit as I needed sufficient polygons for the animators to play around with. I could still tri things off some more at the risk of making some parts look more faceted. Even if I did I don't think I can go too much lower, maybe a hundred or two tris. Let me know as to how I should proceed further.

Barricade Retopo

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Looks ok to me! Though we should wait for Viech or `Ishq to say something about polycount

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

It's a large model, so go ahead. Try to optimize where possible but don't lose sleep over it.

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

I'll see what I can do.

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

Barricade Update. Texture pass. Tri count is 8500 - down from 9200 - with two 2k diffuse/spec/normal/gloss maps. the base model is one contiguous closed mesh with two separate material ids for the body and tentacle. Tentacles were push forward so its more like a 3 dimensional rectangle.

Front View.

Side View.

Back View.

Top Angle View.

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

Previous renders had the brightness intensity blown up for marmoset, this one is more of the natural diffuse color.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Wow, he looks spiky as hell! I like it.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Shape is looking really good, texture is also decent, especially on the lower body, but I feel that using a more distinct color on the tentacles could be an improvment. After all they are an extremely sturdy yet inflatable material while the corpus is a more fleshy and fixed (though also sturdy) type of body. I'm not sure about the ideal color for the tentacles, maybe experiment a bit within a range of colors used on existing aliens?

As opposed to the concept, can you make the eyes glowing similiar to this to fit better in our alien (structure) art style? The color would be up to you (as long as it's a tone of yellow, green or red :wink:).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction