Hive

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
gavlig
Animator

Re: Hive

Post by gavlig »

Hey! I have a few comments about low poly version. First, i think you shouldn't have removed geometrical separation between shell and flesh. I can not say for sure now, but i think faking it with normal map will look bad. They way you did it in spiker model is far more preferable. And second -- obj model doesn't have uvs. But I guess that doesn't matter since geometry will be changed anyway.

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

but is the spiker the geometry is not separated, its a single geometry.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

270 is a lot better. With normal and specular map it will look awesome when you have the chance to get a close look … shortly before you enter the respawn queue. :grin:

In order to add the models to the game, we need you to release them under a public license (see this thread).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

huh, yes, you're right, it's not. Sorry for that. I don't know why i thought it was. Well, issue with absent uvs is left then

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

will reemail it :thumbup:

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

This work is licensed under a CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, attribute it to Luiz Henrique de Camargo (lhdc)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yes, it would be nice if you could do it in the individual threads. In the future I want to keep track of all licenses, so we don't end up with a lot of assets where the source or the usage terms are unclear (we inherited a lot of this from Tremulous…).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction