Female Soldier

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Female Soldier

Post by Viech »

We aim to have a female soldier to accompany the male version. Be aware that this is a bigger modeling job: In addition to the unarmored version we need one wearing light and one wearing a medium armor (the battlesuit will be shared between the sexes). All concepts by alex_bo.

Wearing the light armor:

Wearing no armor (note that her top shouldn't have the yellow metal element in the middle, the fabric should be continuous):

The current male model was done as a single model with different meshes for the different armor parts. If no armor is carried, it is just made invsible so the clothes show through.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Female Soldier

Post by kharnov »

Casey has been working on this. I'll put update shots in this thread when I get them.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

I'm sure you've all been waiting for this moment. Tell me what you think and I will relay everything to Casey.

She does not have clothes or armor at the moment.

This is the basic body sculpt:

Here is how her head looks:

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

Impressive. :thumbup:

I can't think of much to change about the face and that is what really matters on a model like this. :thumbup:

Minor tweaks could be done to feet (adding arches, muscles, details), neck area etc but since those are under clothing it doesn't matter much. Good work.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

yeah, i'd hit that! but as a soldier she lacks some muscles and has too much fat on her hips imho

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yeah, that's awesome!

Arms could be a bit thicker and forehead a bit smaller, apart from that I don't see any issues.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

More shots from Casey.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Awesome!

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

From Casey:

Here are the latest shots of the fem soldier with
1, the old armor pieces applied,

1. no helmet
  2. No armor applied
    The maps for the soldier have a LOT of noise pretty much everywhere. I
    may clean some of the noise up and apply wear only where it will
    really makes sense as I move forward with painting.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Not sure where the noise is coming from, I doesn't look like this ingame. Good progress anyway! I assume the light grey areas are seperate meshes, too? (If they were, we had even more freedom to distinguish between no, light and medium armor.)

The parts that shine through when armor is worn should have a neutral color (i.e. grey or black) since we might hue shift the armor parts for the medium armor. I'm currently correcting this for the male model (it currently has yellow on the unarmored version, which shines through when the red medium armor is worn).