Jetpack

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Jetpack

Post by Viech »

The jetpack is a backpack providing flight abilities that the human can wear on top of its clothes, the light and potentially the upcoming medium armor.

Concept by alex_bo:

The jets shall later be animated to (un)fold as you can see in the two sketches. You can also make the wings so that they are inside the body at first and slide or rotate into position when the jets are extended. Both animations should play rather quickly. You can animate the model yourself if you want to, otherwise we can assign the finished model to an animator.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Re: Jetpack

Post by Viech »

lhdc is going to model this. :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Can't wait to see! By the way lhdc, I've emailed you the human male mesh. We also have a female model in-progress, but it shouldn't be too different. It can just be scaled to fit her back.

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

i started with the proportions, but they dont seem right, its possible that alex_boo make a quick skecth of the front view of the model?to make sure that i got the proportion right?
and also how this is attached to de body?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

It only needs to fit over the back. You don't really need to attach it with anything.

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

spiker_wip1.jpg
spiker_wip1.jpg (93.22 KiB) Viewed 7067 times
spiker_wip5.jpg
spiker_wip5.jpg (49.55 KiB) Viewed 7067 times

made the base, my main concern here is get the proportions right.
and the size of the jetpack in relation to the body.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yeah, I guess proportions are a little off here. First of all I'm unsure about whether and how we can add the side wings without interfering with the arms, so you might disregard them for now. Then, the jetpack body should be a bit bigger. You obviously can't make it much wider but try to make it a bit longer and thicker. (Even though everything is thin in the future, some thickness is fine here since the jets need to have some offset to not burn the clones' butts. :smile: )

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

spiker_wip2.jpg
spiker_wip2.jpg (64.98 KiB) Viewed 7060 times

the jets will pop out, making then a little more out, but will also make the whole thing thicker.
will forget the wings for now then :)

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

spiker_wip4.jpg
spiker_wip4.jpg (67.94 KiB) Viewed 7043 times
spiker_wip3.jpg
spiker_wip3.jpg (143.24 KiB) Viewed 7043 times

Made some adjustments with the moving parts, increase the whole thickness too, and made it a little longer, made some "doors" to the wings slide out.

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

phpBB [video]

made some changes, and a basic paiting, im going the make the final details of the paiting on photoshop, with the low poly version.
if everything is in place will start the low poly :thumbup: