SMG

Model animations and effects.
Viech
Project Head

SMG

Post by Viech »

Have a look at the concept and the model thread.

The SMG needs shooting and reload animation for both first and third person perspectives (using high and low poly model respectively).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Re: SMG

Post by Viech »

Burning Ice is going to animate the SMG:

Burning Ice wrote:

Hello gaming people!

I'm Russ, and I've recently joined your team as an animator, and it has been requested that I share my first project with you.

Here is a quick test render of the SMG reload. The holster, draw, fire, and idle animations are done as well, and I'll see if I can render them out in the next day or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUmebNQ4aSM

Glad to be aboard :grin:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

So, this is looking really good to me and it seems like you're matching the current ingame reload time of 2000 ms rather accurately, too. Not much to say except for: Keep it up! Can't wait to see the other animations. :smile:

The SMG currently shoots once every 80 ms by the way.

Burning Ice
Animator

Post by Burning Ice »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/69phyvsgzb08 ... 5St48wQKha

smg.md5 and max files for anyone who's interested

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

phpBB [video]

Initial ingame video test. Sorry for my shitty video capturing.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

I see the potential! Nice job!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I have no idea how one would make such a psychodelic video with simple recording tools. Ishq, can you provide a pk3? Or were code changes necessary?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Please Viech, flattery will get you nowhere. You have no idea what I'm capable of. Here's the pk3 https://www.unvanquished.net/~modi/smg_ ... -05-34.pk3. No code changes were necessary in the making of this pk3, although I can confirm quite a few grangers were killed.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Guys, i need a pk3 with current smg scale and position in order to fix rifle firing animation and place dude's hands in right positions.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The latest I got is a .pk3dir.7z without a version string containing potential extra files and a md5 version of the SMG of unknown date and origin. I refuse to even redirect that. (If you're really sure you want your system to be tainted by badly packaged assets hook me up on IRC. I cannot approve of this but I will tolerate your decision.) :tongue: