SMG update

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Elmo
Dretch

Re: SMG update

Post by Elmo »

ViruS wrote:

An SMG to me would be more like a small clip, but high damage rate

Typically an SMG uses smaller rounds then an Assault Rifle, like 9mm, or .45 ACP instead of .223 or .308
The smaller round results in higher capacity magazine, and faster fire rate, so damage per bullet is down but damage per second is up. And this almost looks like a vector, which you can easily load in 30 or 60 rounds of 45 ACP

Long live the legacy of:
[COM] [OPP] [ICE] =USA=
|AoD|[_MS} .!vR ?FH: .^
And many more...

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

ViruS wrote:
Ishq wrote:

Correct. The rifle is too powerful of a weapon to give out for free. Making it less useful at long ranges makes it a more fitting starting weapon.

True, but not true.
Ask the person who buffed its damage rate.

An SMG to me would be more like a small clip, but high damage rate provided you exclude reloading. One thing that tremulous never had was a gun that was insufficient to kill an acid tube in one clip.

The rifle took down acid tubes in 28 bullets. That left you two for yourself.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Tom wrote:

- What is the thing circled in red i[/i] in my attached screenshot?

• Why the chamber (from where cartridges are extracted through the ejection port) is not aligned with the charger i[/i]?

Now that you bring it up, that is really starting to bug me.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Too late.

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

kharnov wrote:

Too late.

There's a cutoff date? I thought Unvanquished was ongoing project...

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

This is a futuristic gun, it doesn't need to resemble current loading mechanisms precisely.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

seana11 wrote:
Tom wrote:

- What is the thing circled in red i[/i] in my attached screenshot?

Now that you bring it up, that is really starting to bug me.

Could be an extended part of the gas tube.

Long live the legacy of:
[COM] [OPP] [ICE] =USA=
|AoD|[_MS} .!vR ?FH: .^
And many more...

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Or solid gas, kept under immense pressure. Only thing is that if the gun was shot, it would cause the wielder of that gun to die from its explosion. Then again, chuck it into a dragoon's mouth and run! :cool:

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

Elmo wrote:
ViruS wrote:

An SMG to me would be more like a small clip, but high damage rate

Typically an SMG uses smaller rounds then an Assault Rifle, like 9mm, or .45 ACP instead of .223 or .308
The smaller round results in higher capacity magazine, and faster fire rate, so damage per bullet is down but damage per second is up. And this almost looks like a vector, which you can easily load in 30 or 60 rounds of 45 ACP

The .308 is a full power rifle cartridge used in battle rifles not assault rifles. Know your guns. :grin:

The assault rifle was developed to bridge the gap between the battle rifle and the SMG giving soldiers a balanced intermediate range option.

Tom wrote:

I'm a little mixed about this model :confused:, its light colors, its orange lines, these are only details but I would like to see it with darker colors. From a structural point of view now:

• What is the thing circled in red i[/i] in my attached screenshot?

• Why the chamber (from where cartridges are extracted through the ejection port) is not aligned with the charger i[/i]?

- The thing circled in red could be a gas port if this design uses a gas operated reload.

- The magazine and ejection port do not line up because that's the way the artist drew it. If you must have a reason to satisfy your OCD then don't think of it as an ejection port but instead think of it as a bolt hold open device.

james2841

Post by james2841 »

add a rpg7 and make the aliens have a ultra long range attacks (like the Granger spit)Image