Telenode (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Warvinc
Modeler

Re: Telenode (2)

Post by Warvinc »

Yes it's black! Is there any detail you have in mind? Because I'm not quite sure what you want me to add , anyone feel free to give idea! :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I see you sneaking in details there… :grin:

So, the text was a good start, but that element below it shouldn't just stay light gray. When I asked for yellow I was thinking of making it as eye catching as the tank this way but I guess any color works as long as it's not a monotone surface. I'm not sure what Stannum envisioned this part to be in the first place but I guess many things are possible given the shape. For example you could use the vertical stripe on it to have a glowing charge/power indicator on it (like a battery indicator or loading bar going upwards). The two holes could be additional indicator lights and the surrounding area could have some more explanatory text or symbols on it (or maybe a scale for the vertical stripe). In case this bites (as in gets too much) with the two little lamps (yellow/red) you could make the latter more neutral, maybe simply white, or just give them the same color to "calm" the area again.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

The only problem which I can see is the feet – you're into safety hazard territory with them…! :bomb:

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

I tried something,tell me if you like it or not,the color can change(all orange or all blue instead)

Here's a version with light off,and with light on ( when it's dark)

If you want the light to flicker or something I think you'll need to do it on your engine! :)

Attachments
screenshot003.jpg
screenshot003.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
screenshot004.jpg
screenshot004.jpg (100.2 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looking very good so far! Color choice is excellent. The only thing I'm not sure about are the glowing stripes on the feets, these are supposed to be bolts as far as I see it.

Could you …

• make sure the diffuse/normal/specular maps without the glowmap look like a valid material with the lights being turned off?¹

• make the lamp on the bar seperated in five segments (currently I count more than twenty which makes it look like a continous lamp), like a segmented battery charge indicator?²

¹ It looks like you already made sure of that, just wanted to point out that we will actually make use of it: This will allow us to turn the lights off when the telenode is unpowered or has been destroyed and is about to blow up.
² In combination with the first point, this would allow us to make the display count down or up during the ten second cooldown period after spawning a human, before it becomes available again. For performance/space usage reasons, I assume using five segments and counting every two seconds has to be sufficient here.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Can you give us the mesh and the textures you have so far? We want to take a look at it in-game so we can give more feedback, plus we can take shots of how it looks in our renderer so you can correct any anomalies. Just email it to me and/or Viech, we'll forward it to the right people.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Yes the bottom picture is the ''light off'' version.

here's with the 5 bar!

Attachments
screenshot005.jpg
screenshot005.jpg (97.95 KiB) Viewed 2115 times
Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

What's your email?

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Received, forwarded it. We'll know how it looks in-game soon, thanks!