Telenode (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Telenode (2)

Post by Viech »

So I edited your glow map:

like this:

With the following result. Previously:

Now:

As you can see, the glowmap should only include areas that are part of the actual light source, which isn't necessarily the whole lamp. The shapes on the glow map can be very slightly blurred (as I did) but they should not "bleed"/glow over to adjacent areas.

I uploaded my GIMP source file here so you can have a look at what I did.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Oh I see...Sorry I'm not used to glow map that much thanks for doing that for me!I understand now :) so I'll just change a bit the dirt on the model and send it to one of you! Is there anything else you want me to change?

is that possible for you to send me this texture in TGA or JPEG?I'm not able to open the one you send me!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

There's nothing specific I have in mind. If you can imagine more details go ahaed, but I'm pretty happy with what we got here. If you feel it's ready for battle, we can call it done! :smile:

Since this came out so awesome, would you be interested in doing another model? If you would like to do something with a similiar style we could offer the Armoury, which is another human buildable. There's also the Drill and the Repeater to complete the human base. Apart from that, everythind marked with a Image in the Models section is currently unassigned. Completing another model would also grant you a lifetime Unvanquished Developer status. :grin:

Just for fun, here are two screenshots with color grading, bloom, normal and specular mapping disabled and enabled (I forgot to reenable shadows though):

Here's the glowmap in tga format.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

This is really great :) I'll finish it tonight (because here it's 10:30 am and currently at work) and of course I would love to do another model! When I'll send you the final texture,if okay for you,I'd like to have some in game screenshot(with like 2-3 different angle) so I can put it in my personal work :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Warvinc wrote:

I'd like to have some in game screenshot(with like 2-3 different angle) so I can put it in my personal work :)

Sure! I'll give you some HD screenshots with all effects enabled from different angles on different maps! This might also yield a release picture for the next Alpha for us. :smile:

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Awesome awesomness! Looks perfect ingame!

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

So! I've changed the diffuse/spec a bit,I reduced dirt on top and add a bit on the flaps,I sent it to kharnov so,when it's add to the game,you can send me some picture of it in-game :)

Send it to vincent.monfette93@gmail.com !

Thanks a lot!

Also,I'll probably take the drill for my new project! But I'll start it only on Monday because I won't be here during the weekend!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I uploaded a few shots for you here. You can also browse them here. Is this sufficient for your needs? Should I make more, maybe in a whiteroom without a surrounding map?

Before I forget, thank you very much for this great looking model! :smile:

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

yeah this is perfect!Thanks a lot :)

So you can assign me the drill,I'll start Monday !

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Warvinc, in case I didn't overlook something, we still need you to allow distribution and modification of your work by releasing it under a free/permissive public license. Please have a look at this thread for details. :smile: