Telenode (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Telenode (2)

Post by Viech »

kharnov wrote:

We are looking for somebody to model the telenode concept that Stannum made. It is the spawning structure utilized by the human team. Players materialize on the pad, and there is a brief cooldown before the telenode can be used to spawn again. A telenode will continue to function even after the reactor goes down, the only human structure to possess this capability. It's not particularly sturdy, but will withstand a few attacks while base defenses or other humans pick off the aliens.

If this model interests you, have at it! Textures will need to be 1024 squared for diffuse, and will also require normal and specular maps. A gloss map is optional. The target poly range is between 5-7k tris, but you can overshoot or undershoot this where appropriate. It does not need to be animated, but a particle effect is instead used to signify its operation. You can make one for the telenode if you are interested, but this is not a requirement.

This is the telenode between uses:

This is the telenode in use:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Re: Telenode (2)

Post by Warvinc »

Hey! I'll take this one if it's good! :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Go ahaed! :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Hey I'll put a picture update every 2 weeks(I'm currently working 45hours a week) so I have like 1hour/day to work on the telenode,so I prefer show you big update :)

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Hey!I wanted to show you where I am at right now,my low poly is not over but wanted to show anyway if there is still some things you don't like.

I'm sorry I had a lot of works and shows(with my band) during the last 2 weeks so not much time for the model but I'll put more time this week!

Hope you like it!

Attachments
TelenodeLowPoly3.jpg
TelenodeLowPoly3.jpg (136.1 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
TelenodeLowPoly2.jpg
TelenodeLowPoly2.jpg (250.19 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yes, this looks like a good and accurate start! :smile:

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Hey!I'm actually pretty confused now,the limit of triangles was of 7000,I'm already a 9000,and there's some element missing(if I compare to the drawing) so I don't know what to do because there's no place with too much poly or anything so...tell me what I can do :) thanks!

Attachments
TelenodeLowPoly1.jpg
TelenodeLowPoly1.jpg (240.62 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
TelenodeLowPoly3.jpg
TelenodeLowPoly3.jpg (246.37 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

This looks very detailed for a low poly version. I don't think the low poly should have the stripes on the platform and other fine details, these should all come from the normalmap. Also 7000 still sounds like a lot to me. I'll redirect Ishq or Stannum here, they should be able to give you more precise input on this.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

I'm currently doing the high poly so I'll be able to low the poly count on my low poly,but I don't think I'll be able to put more BIG detail on the model,except if you ask me that you really need something else on the current model! I'll keep you update :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Oh well, for clarification: For the high poly there is no poly limit, just the for the low poly version. (We don't use the high poly version ingame, just the normal map.)