Telenode (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Telenode (2)

Post by Viech »

Actually I was even thinking of black or atleast a dark graphite.

If you don't happen to know how to export to md5 and/or iqm the obj format should be fine (correct me if I'm wrong, Ishq). You can give it to us in any way: Upload it somewhere, send it per mail, doesn't really matter. :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Just do .OBJ, we're using MD5 at the moment and later on we will be converting to IQM, so we want .OBJ to easily export it again.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Like this? (or do you also want the ''feet'' to be black)

Attachments
screenshot011.jpg
screenshot011.jpg (96.95 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Ok, I think on the bars that support the platforms the black looks rather good. The element on the frontside of the Telenode that faces the observer (the one with the cylindrical part sticking half out of it) shouldn't be as dark though. What do you think of giving it the same color as the yellow "tank" on the backside? Regardless of the fact that I think the yellow is potentially too rich in color, this might result in a balanced color distribution.

(Again, just throwing out ideas here. If you prefer an idea of your own just go ahaed with that and I'll give feedback on that.)

I forgot about the feet: I don't think they need to or should have the same color. They look good as they are now.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

here's what it looks like! :)

(I made 2 different)

Attachments
screenshot001.jpg
screenshot001.jpg (91.82 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
screenshot000.jpg
screenshot000.jpg (96.99 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Upper version looks interesting. Forget what I said about the yellow though! I was just thinking out loud that maybe, at a hypothetical later date, the yellow might turn out as very slightly to intense but I wasn't even sure of that. :grin:

I guess it's better if I stop throwing my ideas at you. You did a very good job so far and I don't wanna limit your creativity by making you try things that pop on my mind. If you revert the yellow for now and start detailing and experimenting on your own I'm sure this will turn out great. Just try to imagine the Telenode next to the Reactor from time to time and check if it still looks like it could've been made by the same company and there should be nothing to worry about. :smile:

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Making the yellow a brass sort of color makes sense to me. Besides that, the model is turning out great and I think the main thing to focus on is fine detail, as Viech said. If you think there are parts of it that can glow, you can make a glow map.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

kharnov wrote:

Making the yellow a brass sort of color makes sense to me.

I disagree, previously it were different materials, made the model interesting (the tank was an eyecatcher). Now it looks more like one material was used and then hue shifted. The "tank" should really have a surface material of its own and the previous yellow worked well for that. There are potentially other options, but I don't quite think brass or other materials with a similiar shinyness work too well.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

what about that?

Attachments
screenshot001.jpg
screenshot001.jpg (104.87 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Last edited by Warvinc on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I assume the bars are still black and the two on the left juts a got a good portion of light? This looks good to me, I guess the rest is detailing. (Try to make that element on the front be an eyecatcher!) :smile: