Battle Suit (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Battle Suit (2)

Post by kharnov »

Any idea for decorations lhdc, or do you want us to find inspiration?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

When I was asked on IRC I proposed black or dark blue shapes and white lines, as often found on fighter jets and/or sci fi space ships. (Example for white stripes and random colored shapes.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

yeah, talked to viech abouth the jet paiting as reference, dont worry i got the perfect reference!

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Yeah! I'm glad you're on this team lhdc :D

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Noooooo, what have you done?! Ishq, was it you?! Don't lie to me, it was you who got lhdc influenced by anime! You will burn in special Japanese hell for that where you'll be forced to watch old soviet stop-motion cartoons!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I actually kind of like the old Soviet animation. It's charming, even if strange at times.

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

turntable008.jpg
turntable008.jpg (158.64 KiB) Viewed 184005 times
turntable007.jpg
turntable007.jpg (152.79 KiB) Viewed 184005 times

made some black paiting, put some randon letters and numbers too.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Random text, yay! Now we can sell it in overpriced vintage clothing stores. :grin:

With regards to the black stripes, I think it looks better with them but I'm having trouble deciding whether something is paint or a hole in the armor. Possible solutions include:

• Making the black less opaque, so that the armor shines through (→ the black is a paint coating on top of the armor)

• Making the black as shiny and scratched as the rest of the armor (→ the armor material itself is black)

• Using a dark grey instead of a black, in combination with either of the above

It appears the material below the armor is already navy blue instead of black (which is good in terms of variance) but this is hard to see given that the background is also navy blue – use neutral grey for the next blackground.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

the position and form of the stripes are ok?you think i shoud add or remove any black marks?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The one on top of the shoulders is a bit bold/big but apart from that I think positioning is very good.