SMG

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
alexbo
Concept Artist

Re: SMG

Post by alexbo »

Wah! That's fuckin amazing!

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Dude, this is indeed unbelievably awesome! Love it! :thumbup:

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

Very cool

hristew
Modeler

Post by hristew »

Thanks guys :)

Unfortunately I got a crash while saving and my source .psd file got corrupted, so I had to redo almost everything starting from the ambient occlusion pass, so here's how it looks like now, with 3D model here:

Also, I could get the first person view model to about 5500 tris if deleting the right side rail, and the third person model is now at 3300 tris, if it's needed I can optimize further - the rails were replaced with boxes as those made most of the tris, also there's a part in the buttstock missing, forgot to add it.

If you got any suggestions I'm open. What's left to add: a little more scratches on the diffuse, work on the screws, a little work on the front grip, tone down the stripes and do the whole magazine. After the diffuse it's completed I can do the specular map and it's done!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looks very good!

Don't make the gun too scratched, the amount of scratches in the trigger/magazine area is fine. The barrel might even be a tad too worn down already.

On the right side opposed to the area where the safety/firemode switches are located you use a darker shade of grey, have you tried putting that on the left side below the switches, too?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

I can live with that. Good work. :thumbup:

In the stupid attention to detail department you forgot to label the fire selection switch for what's what.

hristew
Modeler

Post by hristew »

@kharnov Alright, I toned down some scratches and added the darker metal on both sides
@janev Yeah, added those too, but I think it got a little crowded now

Here are some shots, with the full maps, including specular, and the magazine finished:

And here's an archive with the .obj and the 2K textures. If you think there are more modifications needed let me know and I'll work on them!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Your speed is as amazing as your quality, good job! Do you want to animate it, too, or shall we give it to someone else for this?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

hristew wrote:

@janev Yeah, added those too, but I think it got a little crowded now

Yeah, I see what you mean. There are many different colors and patterns in a small area. It is your call as an artist if you want to change the color, or do something else there. I like the model. :thumbup:

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

You are the man! Outstanding.