Forlorn

Maps and texture sets.
EmperorJack
Mapper

Re: Forlorn

Post by EmperorJack »

I never realised how big the courtyard space actually was. Needless to say it is exciting filling the space.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I'm glad you said it's the courtyard, I wouldn't have realized. :grin:

The sky light is way too dark. Also there are misaligned textures. :tongue:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

EmperorJack
Mapper

Post by EmperorJack »

Room is currently incomplete. The sky lighting looks dark because of the angle. The light only hits certain area of the room (not well shown in screenshot). I will either alter sun angle (new skybox unsure) or add some ambient lighting. Thoughts?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I think increasing the light intensity could do in combiantion with radiosity. I assume that screenshot was made from a test quality compile?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

EmperorJack
Mapper

Post by EmperorJack »

Hi guys, I've started making some more progress on Forlorn!

I've started by redesigning the center room layout. It has a higher ceiling and hopefully some more opportunities for interesting combat and base building. You can now also use the conveyor system to enter it from the courtyard. This change is in the Alpha 14 release so hopefully it can get some play testing!

I've also started detailing the Lab (probably going to rename to Control Room and the human base will become Data Storage or something else).

EmperorJack
Mapper

Post by EmperorJack »

Control Room is now done! You may notice the screens throughout the map, these will eventually have sci-fi monitor textures (once I make them).
Another long term plan is to model some terrain for the outside areas.

Progress on Mineral Processing (center room) detailing / lighting below.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Control room looking nice! Mineral progressing needs a lot more light. All walkable floors should always be lit in some way. You don't want to force players to boost gamma to values where they can't distinguish the snow on your map from metal floors… Layout looks quite interesting though. :smile:

EmperorJack
Mapper

Post by EmperorJack »

Lighting was WIP. Almost done now with this room now :)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yay, I can see stuff! And it's looking good! :smile:

EmperorJack
Mapper

Post by EmperorJack »

Finally got around to detailing the power room and heating systems. The remaining goals for beta-1 are some general tidy up, monitor textures and sound effects.

Heating systems:

Power room: