Single Player

Request new features or present your ideas.
Glitch2139

Single Player

Post by Glitch2139 »

Hello Unvanquished Community,

I enjoy the Multiplayer a lot, but it would be nice if Unvanquished this time had a storyline to it. Of how the humans discovered the aliens, etc. Also, it gives a better understanding on how to survive in multiplayer, from all the tactics that were in the single player. I am just putting this out there, because almost all games out there has a single player, and it would be cool to see how this one would be in a story line.

-Glitch2139

Viech
Project Head

Re: Single Player

Post by Viech »

That is something we might work on in the distant future, currently we have to focus all our efforst on multiplayer. Unfortunately our engine isn't really capable of running a singleplayer campaign but some of the features that are being implemented at the moment might help, for example lua scripting support.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Re: Single Player

Post by ViruS »

Maybe a simple versus bots + various scenarios could work, similarly to Xonotic's.
i.e. LAN-only "Training Server" where the user can choose which type of mode to play
i.e.. Invade-only, Survival (More commonly known as Ambush for trem players), Dual (Invade And survive, basically normal mode except bots don't build) or something like that. As for building, although fuma's not done with it yet (he did show a preview long time ago though), we can try the simple alien-invasion's trem mod approach: just build anywhere if possible. Note: This is not related to the Invasion mod, where you have no spawns.