Dragoon

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Re: Dragoon

Post by Khaoz »

My reasoning for slightly larger front legs is to reinforce the idea that this thing can pounce, and not just jump like a spider, as demonstrated with the diagram below:

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Any new dragoon shots, Osiris?

VeryCrunchyTaco

Post by VeryCrunchyTaco »

This is really hot....

I like the materials on his underside! Nice spec values. I'm looking forward to seeing more! :)

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

Update

Sorry I keep getting distracted

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Good improvment! Anything else you want to do? Unsure about anything? How long until we can hand it over into the animation chamber? :smile:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Looks very good to me too. All it needs are eyes, I think? Nothing I'd change elsewhere.

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

over all im pretty happy, I would still like to work on detail a bit all around. I can get you guys a low res here in a couple days, and while it is animating I can still work on the texture. But I need to be sure that no major changes need to happen to the mesh at all.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Well, I feel that the front legs are quite a bit too big now, but I don't want to step onto Khaoz' toes. If he doesn't object, I'd say something between the old and new length could work well. I feel with those huge legs the dragoon looks like a slowly moving tank that is bulky up front but not like something that would actually pounce at you.

Another quick idea would be making both the rear and the front row of legs slightly bigger than the middle row (but not as big as the current front row). The reason behind this would be that it should be easier to pounce if your rear legs are strong, but it might also look odd if the rear legs were longer than the front legs.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

I can adjust that no problem.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

What's your estimate on the tris count of the low poly? I think 6-8k triangles would be okay.