Dragoon

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Dragoon (1)

Post by Viech »

Osiris returned and will continue on this model. Here's the latest update:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Re: Dragoon

Post by gavlig »

wow, that looks nasty! I'd love to shoot that thing!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Wow! That was definitely worth the wait. Amazing!

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

Glad you guys like it, I am sorry for the absence, I will try and get this thing to completion in the next few days.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Yeah, this looks more than decent! The only thing that bugs me a bit are the pointy ends (both upper and lower) on all six legs. The thorns were a good idea to stabilize the Goon's movement and jumps but maybe you could give it a bit more contact surface still, if it's not too much hassle. Maybe some kind of hoof-like end would work or simply rounding the ends a bit. (Keep in mind the Goon bites, so it doesn't need any sort of claw to attack with, but it needs enough surface contact to make long jumps.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

The thinking was to make him look a bit nimble. With his already somewhat massive body, I feel hooves might make him look like more of a character that would charge at you than a character that would jump around. I was also kind of going off the old model as well as the concept.

I might just be picturing what you were thinking wrong, would you mind doing a quick sketch of what you had in mind?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Can you make the front two or rear two limbs larger?

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Also:

• As Kharnov suggested, would be good to see the two front limbs a little larger than the other four.
  • Round the tips of the legs off (Look at tyrant for reference)
  • I mainly wanted to clean it up a bit, as it is now the amount of detail is a bit distracting (mainly the horns), just because something can fit somewhere (extra bits of detail for example), doesn't mean it should go there (I mean this in the least sexual way possible)
Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

Took out the horns
Ran the shells down the tail
Rounded the bottom off the "feet"
Took out some detail in the limbs

Still need to enlarge the front limbs

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Since Khaoz returned, this time I'm going to coordinate my feedback with him so it's not going in entirely different directions.

So far, I think the changes since the last iteration were an improvment. With the now round feet, I agree with Khaoz that the claws at the end of the feet aren't necessary anymore. However, I do think leg proportions are fine like this. Since the Goon uses none of them for attacks, I don't think the front row needs to be bigger than the others. What do you think Khaoz?