Dragoon

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Dragoon

Post by Viech »

The Dragoon is an alien class currently in work by Osiris. Feel free to post some screenshots here when you want input on it!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Osiris
Modeler

Re: Dragoon

Post by Osiris »

Alright so far just to let you know with this model, I'm just getting the main forms down and some experimental details.

very much a WIP

This was working on the critiques I got from a few people about the leg proportions. I also made his body a little less fat and a little more angular and sleek.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I like how this is getting along and I don't have much more critique to offer, apart from one thing: The tips of the feet are currently shaped like needles which would prevent the dragoon from making far jumps off flat surfaces. Maybe you'd like to add a bit more bulk or additional spikes to the tips so it has more grip on flat ground?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

I know the legs are not attatched, just messing with form still.

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

Very high quality work Osiris. Well done. :thumbup:

I am wondering how the pounce animation will look with this model, more specifically with those legs. Would it make sense to angle the back legs, or lengthen them so they look like they could manage a really powerful pounce? The truly impressive natural jumpers have legs that are very long in proportion to their body size. I guess this allows them more time to "snap" their muscles and accelerate. The closest things to a pounce from the real world I can think of is stuff like leaproaches and frogs

Leaproach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuExrjOjfM
flea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0e0CEiGfOk
frog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKpJElwama8

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

The original concept was heavily based on the original Dragoon from tremulous, removing and adding some feature (eg. the hump is gone).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9ZofPjkU4 [Dragoon Dancing around]

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

I prefer your first head. The new one is a bit too pointed.
The side view looks fantastic.

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

Quick question, as far as the animation goes, will we be basing the movement off of the old Dragoon where the front legs move back and forth and the back to legs move side to side? Just wondering so I can make it easier on the animator as far as the mesh flow and orientation.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I think this will depend on the model, so if you have some specifc movement in mind that's fine, otherwise the animator has to figure something out for the given mesh. If you modify the legs to fit a certain movement, try to make the pounce animation look reasonable, too.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It seems Osiris gone missing, so I'll close this attempt and request a concept.