Lasgun

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
chris
Modeler

Re: Lasgun

Post by chris »

Can he upload it anyway, I want to see the iqm file.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

thx Ishq

My export looks the same as yours :( , have you used the iqm tool or blender ?
I'm no expert in animation but from my point of view the iqm tool is really bugged, while working with iqm I've seen the following weird behaviour.
-The iqm tool will reposition all of your pivots to 0,0,0 , because the meshes are skinned, this will break all animations and you get this polygon soup and this snake arms
-If you use any link constraints, it will screw up everything
-It seems that you can't have bones that are independent from the rest of the rig. i.e. bones that are linked to world space.
:confused:
Maybe blender does a better job?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

No. Blender looks exactly the same as that, so i believe this is a problem with the fbx file. Perhaps the transforms weren't actually applied or something. I used the iqm tool to convert from fbx to iqm.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Any update on this?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Chris can't export this properly and asks us to reassign. :frown:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Chris wants to work on an exporter now, so I set this to draft status.

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

exporter and model is done:

I also made a new gun shot, but probably for nothing as it gets transformed to a beam rifle ?
And what kind of beam rifle @Viech, something like the halo beam rifle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAR5qrX78wU or the q3 lightning gun ?

https://soundcloud.com/sfx-chris807/lasgun

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I was thinking of an actual laser beam, maybe one that deals increasing damage the longer you hit the same target to make it less of a nuisance to small aliens. We could also use your sound and make it pulse (but still have a visible ray), it doesn't matter too much gameplay wise.

chris
Modeler

Post by chris »

Sounds cool, but what will be there then as assault rifle ?