Rocket pod

Concept artwork for models and maps.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Rocket pod

Post by Viech »

As you wish. Just be aware that at your current speed we might not be able to invent new structures and weapons quickly enough to assign them to you. :grin:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I'm sure he could do the female model concept, no?

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

I'd love to. I really want to specialize in characters. So if it is needed i'd like that.

But which is more urgent, the chaingun of the female concept?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Neither concept is urgent (we currently have more finished concepts than free modelers), so feel free to pick the female model first. There has been some rough concepting in the past but you don't need to use any of that.

There would be one base version without armor, one with light armor and potentially one with medium/heavy armor (not the battlesuit). I'd propose that both sexes use the same battlesuit model for a development speedup, so better keep breast size moderate. Speaking of which, my personal request for the model would be that the clothing/armor is functional and protective as opposed to sexy and revealing.

[HR][/HR]

We just discussed the human armor a bit on IRC and I think we should stick to the following design in order to prevent the development effort from getting unnecessarily high:

• There will be a male and a female model ("base model") with functional clothing but without armor and without a helmet.

• All armored models (light, heavy, battlesuit) will include a helmet that will hide the face completely. (This is something that is also desired for gameplay reasons.)

• Depending on the magnitude of the anatomy differences between the male and female base models and the bulkiness of the armor, the armored models are shared between the sexes (likely for the battlesuit) or adjusted as necessary (likely for the light armor).

So it would be most usefeul if you could concept the unarmored female solider and give her a similiar kind of suit as the male model wears. The hands, arms and shoes are also visible on the lightly armored model and thus should be the same.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Regarding the female model, you may want to keep her hair somewhat short, both for practical and for animation reasons. Besides long hair being a liability in combat situations, it's an added effort to animate. I would say shoulder-length hair would work best.