Barricade (2)

Concept artwork for models and maps.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Barrier design

Post by Viech »

If they are flexible enough for the shrinking, that sounds like a good idea.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Here is the normal and shrunken version. I had trouble making it look twisted in a non-moving image. Will the modelers/animators be able to get it anyways?

barrier2.jpg
barrier2.jpg
Attachments
barrier_shrink.jpg
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Yes, that should do! I'm very impressed with the speed and quality of your work, it's amazing!

Now that you've finished the last remaining building concepts, would you like to make some more human equipment? We can use things like jetpack designs, or alternatively, something based off the rifle, mass driver, painsaw, or chaingun designs in this thread: http://unvanquished.net/forum/showthrea ... 81-Weapons

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Thanks for positivity man! It feels good to have appreciated work.

The human equipment projects sound exciting as well. I'll go take a look at the threads.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Did anything catch your interest alex? If you're undecided, I'd like to assign you the painsaw again, this time based on the old principle of an energy saw.

There is a concept sketch by Stannum and we have a modeler interested in working on it, but he wants more details first.

Rican wrote:

Painsaw seems interesting, you think you can supply me with more pictures. Ideally a side, and top would be great, I have ideas for changes however I love to see a side profile of the painsaw before I gave any input.

This is the concept. Feel free to adapt as much as you like of it or make your own from scratch.

Feel free to reuse your old painsaw thread for this. It might make sense to have a quick look at the discussion to get an understanding how this weapon works.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Also this Image

was the original

(pretty much just like a chainsaw, but instead of a chain it was like electricity that spun around it)

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

I'm in for the pain saw. That design already looks nice so I'll like to rework it!

(sorry for the late reply)