Your glory days of Tremulous

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
vape

Your glory days of Tremulous

Post by vape »

A lot of us that have been playing this game for more than a half a decade and have witnessed the ups and downs of the game and community and after reminscing with some people about my own favorite times and periods of Tremulous, I'm interested in what your guys' personal glory days and favorite memories of the game are.

NT, Zilla, Pk (mostly inactive), OPP, EBSF, and whatever Sonic's clan was at the time were all around during my time in AA and the public games on AA were always full and had some of the best players of all time constantly playing. The scrims were always there whenever you got on and they were always exciting (except when playing OPP lol) and ultra competitive and the competitiveness of the game is the only thing that ever really motivated me to play.

A close 2nd for me is the GPP Summer Olympics. The bad blood and shit talking between the top clans made it the most competitive and successful tournament in Tremulous. It brought back players and old friends that haven't touched the game in years and the tournament made people want to get better and the drama made the game fun again.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Your glory days of Tremulous

Post by kharnov »

vape wrote:

A close 2nd for me is the GPP Summer Olympics. The bad blood and shit talking between the top clans made it the most competitive and successful tournament in Tremulous. It brought back players and old friends that haven't touched the game in years and the tournament made people want to get better and the drama made the game fun again.

You should know that the Unvanquished summer tournament is being organized by the very same people that began the GPP one, namely me and Ishq.

vape

Post by vape »

Problem is the not who's organizing it, but the level of participation in this tournament. No Cadence, not that many ddos, and I'm trying to get people for us to play

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Dracone is still around. He might play. Maybe you can convince him to join your team, since it isn't strictly along the lines of clans.

killing time
Programmer

Post by killing time »

vape wrote:

I must have been on a hiatus from Trem during this period since I had no idea that any plan for a Tremulous tournament that was actually followed through in recent years.

You've got it right that drama is an important element of the glory of Tremulous. That's what this place is missing (other than players). Everyone in Unvanquished is too polite. We need more flame wars, dudes breaking into each others' AIM accounts, that sort of thing. Whatever the problems were with TremZ, one thing that can be said for them is that they made a good effort at producing drama.

Speaking of what's missing from this forum as compared to tremulous.net, it sorely lacks unreadably small text and the smiley with a police hat.

kangz
Programmer

Post by kangz »

Being part of (CY) and creating the EU clan scene, teaching them strats, organizing tons of tournaments, winning all of them, getting bored of these wins and splitting the clan to have more competition.

RIP (CY)

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

My favorite Tremulous memory was getting over a hundred members into GT. We once had an 8v8 match on US Main composed entirely of ourselves. The spectators were all GT too. Half of the admin list was GT. These were great days for friend granger.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

over a hundred members into GT

Did you just accept everyone and anyone?

My most fond memories of tremulous was with [W]onderland despite me not liking high bp games as much anymore. I remembered chaingunnin' 5+goons at once without dying, recharging and having no helmet (s1), that was glorious. Also, Ninja Building. One of my favorite methods at the time was literally, building the opponent in.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

That moment on spacetracks where I was a Tyrant in an elevator heading upwards and a heavily armed human rush team uses the other elevator to go down. They don't notice me while the cars traverse but then I start growling and they all freak out, spamming the shaft with luciballs and hurting themselves. This was when I started to love elevators.

Mercing in the last ddos vs. Pk scrim (on both sides) is an experience I'm proud of. I hope that the Unvanquished scrim scene will become as glorious as the Tremulous scene was in the days you are talking about.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

Fun-Zone. Nothing has ever come close to those days :')