Re: Tremulous memories

Post by kharnov »

#wow #whoa

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

E-Mxp wrote:

That one game literally took about 4 hours.

This wasn't uncommon on X server! I can recall coming home from school, firing up Trem, joining and playing for a half an hour, leaving, and coming back two, three, four hours later only to see the very same game going on ATCS. (Although I did notice a lot of players leave regular servers for X, which had to have killed at least a few servers.)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

What username do you use on trem, I've never encountered a single "velocio" there.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

I miss the good old days back in 2007.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I've always wondered how he eats.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Fukacz

Post by Fukacz »

As for killing Warlock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxWijSwNvlk
:cool:

But the trem memories go back to 2006.
I still think the best servers have been dB@ and SatGNU#
Of course most of the good memories contain [Derelict] Community.
We were named after one of the db@ servers - Derelict, which was named after a map - Beyond Derelict. That was the only serv to host new maps. Namely: Beyond Derelict | M.E.E.P. | Gloom 2 | Gloom 3 | Pulse | Powergrid
Woah, the amount of fun we had there...

Haha, and when the best serv at the time (and ever, possibly) banned whole Poland, because of amount of trolls and noobs from here. They excluded only a few guys they knew.
But the best thing was all the flame on official forums after that action.
"Nazi admins!", etc. :D
And the admins, let's say they were pretty cynic and some of them put swastika motives into their signature for some time.
The fact is - the gameplay improved, actually.

Damn, there are lots of memories about trem...

Ingar
Mapper

Post by Ingar »

Ohi Fukacz!

Fukacz wrote:

As for killing Warlock:
But the trem memories go back to 2006.
I still think the best servers have been dB@ and SatGNU#
Of course most of the good memories contain [Derelict] Community.
We were named after one of the db@ servers - Derelict, which was named after a map - Beyond Derelict. That was the only serv to host new maps. Namely: Beyond Derelict | M.E.E.P. | Gloom 2 | Gloom 3 | Pulse | Powergrid
Woah, the amount of fun we had there...

Derelict was the first server where I tested procyon-alpha in public games. I'll always keep fond memories of it.

Fukacz wrote:

Haha, and when the best serv at the time (and ever, possibly) banned whole Poland, because of amount of trolls and noobs from here. They excluded only a few guys they knew.

The first time I saw the name SatGNU was a server called "SatGNU must die",
and the name had always scared me a bit since. That's until I actually ended up there too. I can't even remember how that happened.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I may have tried that server. I had no clue what ping does in those days, honestly tremulous is my first fps game (too poor) and i just joined whatever server, including beer garden despite having 400 ping.

I remembered the 'common' maps I saw in 2007-8 was (not in order): beyond derlict (bsuit-filled halls? I remembered this was heavily bias to humans with playercounts > 4 per team), pulse -beta 1.02 (or whatever it was called (fps lag anyone?)), *defaults (including Uncreation :D), UTCS-b2 (without the ceiling room), gloom2, meep, procyon (fps lag anyone?), atcsIII/atcs3, atcszalpha (was hell common as well), sedna, that weird big-massive boxy one with a acid pit at the bottom where grangers don't die unless they try to get out of and has humans on top and aliens on the bottom, and i can't really think of any more. Librelous isn't 'that old either.

2009 and 2010 was completely different for me though. I pretty much lived on [W]onderland and in 2009 my brother started hogging our only computer ( since my windows ME went to the trash as well...) so I had about on session of an hour every month or so that year.
Btw, which 'gloom 3' was it? I have a map called gloom3t but doesn't bring back memories. I also can't remember what powergrid was.

Warlock video: 30 May 2011

Just wondering, did he play before then? The only 'legendary' player I ever thought of was nubcak/chuck from the AA community, but he only played on local lagged servers and didn't touch gpp, and sucked on unv (in my opinion) probably because unlagged was counteracting my 90 ping.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

This is a kinda recent memory, but meh..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MHVC69U3vk

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

Fukacz

Post by Fukacz »

Ingar wrote:

Ohi Fukacz!

Hgi !

Ingar wrote:

Derelict was the first server where I tested procyon-alpha in public games. I'll always keep fond memories of it.

Oh yes, of course it was. What I meant by listing these 6 maps is the initial mapcycle on Derelict. Then it got bigger and bigger and then, a little bit later, some of the maps began to expand on other servers.

Ingar wrote:

The first time I saw the name SatGNU was a server called "SatGNU must die",
and the name had always scared me a bit since. That's until I actually ended up there too. I can't even remember how that happened.

Ah, yeah, maybe. They changed name a few times. I wasn't scared, though :D

ViruS wrote:

that weird big-massive boxy one with a acid pit at the bottom where grangers don't die unless they try to get out of and has humans on top and aliens on the bottom, and i can't really think of any more.

Maybe ancient remains ? With lava pit, not acid ?

ViruS wrote:

Btw, which 'gloom 3' was it? I have a map called gloom3t but doesn't bring back memories. I also can't remember what powergrid was.

Gloom 3 - it's exactly gloom3t.
Powergrid, hmm, just "/callvote map powergrid_b25" on official us in gpp and see what's that.
And the picture while loading this map shows transit. That's a pretty unique feature.

Lots of games and bug-exploits happened there. As always on new maps :D

ViruS wrote:

Just wondering, did he play before then?

You mean if Lock played before that video?
If so - yeah, he did. Quite a long time.