OH MY GOD

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Tamaru

OH MY GOD

Post by Tamaru »

YOU'RE ALIVE, ITS ALIVE.... what... the... fuck. thought you guys gave up, cool to see it all here.

me and Kromeh/jagdge/pedobear and a multitude of other people were about to attempt a port of tremulous to the Doom3 version of Ioq3 just about.

but hi :3

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: OH MY GOD

Post by kharnov »

Huh. We never gave up. You must have been thinking of TremZ, they died off.

Tamaru

Post by Tamaru »

Yea well i was working with Unv back when brain and Ein were running it, and then things just got really flat and people stopped for about a month, so i went on to do freelance work with UDK. i'm glad to see a pulse in this community again though :D

is there anything i can help with? need maps? what program are you using Darkradiant? i'd really love to help with the development of the game.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Brain and Einstein? You're thinking of the old Unvanquished. We're a very different project. The old one died off years ago, we're only related because we have a few of the old people and we use the name. This project is not a third team mod, we're an entirely separate game on the ioq3 engine with additions from ET:XreaL.

We are aiming to be the successor project of Tremulous.

Tamaru

Post by Tamaru »

I know, brain was talking about switching into the gear with unv. and then we all died, and i guess you came back from it. and i understand that, you really think i haven't read the whole website up to down by now? i'd still love to help with mapping and whatnot.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

You might find this informative. I wrote this, it covers the earlier history of our project: http://unvanquished.net/forum/entry.php ... t-(Part-I)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Welcome back Tamaru.....

Tamaru wrote:

then we all died

not so sure on that if you're here...

@karnov: Now that you made me re-read that again, it reminds me that you forgot to put the "Thursday" joke in the article... Also, put those articles on the main site under a new header "history" so people know we're actually not a idea copied of NS2 [as some new players have mentioned]

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

Oh god it's you again.

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

Discussion is irrelevant. Resistance is futile.
Unvanquished is eternal.

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

Qrntz wrote:

Discussion is irrelevant. Resistance is futile.
Unvanquished is eternal.

Borg?

As for Doom 3 (id Tech 4 engine) conversion would be efffing amazing. Unvanquished is id tech 1?

EDIT: Nvm it's literally quake engine. Learned something new.

the id tech 4 is an aging engine, but was the first to have dynamic shadows, lights, ect. And looked very pretty

In fact Bethesda's new upcoming game Prey 2 (looking like the sickest game ever to be conceived, I love the far future setting) , uses a modded version..... but it's still id tech 4 ;)