Concept artwork for models and maps.
storysketch

Re: Aliien booster concept

Post by storysketch »

working on that web thingy right now

storysketch

Post by storysketch »

I finished adding the web to the initial booster concept.hope it's allright.if not waiting for suggestions

Attachments
alien booster 3.jpg
Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Yes, that web like structure looks like it matches our current buildings, but now the top structure no longer matches the web like structure. I think it would be better if it were longer but shorter. I didn't mention this before, and I apologize for that, but a booster transmits poison to the aliens through touch, but the booster itself does not attack any humans. This current concept looks good for a potential attack structure, so it is still good, but we may need more changes to make it more viable for a booster.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Let's keep this current concept art for a possible acid mine. The artwork is good, and we can use it for something different.

Regarding the booster: I would suggest making it somewhat larger, and closer to the ground. Some sort of green liquid oozes from pores on its body. The aliens heal themselves with this liquid, and this same liquid is poisonous to humans. Thus, when the aliens are done rubbing it onto themselves, some of it still remains on their bodies. When they attack humans, the substance is still on their limbs.

You could take an interesting direction with this suggestion. Perhaps the booster organism was once able to move, but now it's stuck to the ground, supplied with nutrients by the creep, and constantly produces that liquid for other aliens to use. Thus, you could give the booster some small limbs, and possibly a head too.

storysketch

Post by storysketch »

This opens a new perpective to work on.I'll start developing something right away

Theyain
Mantis

Post by Theyain »

I like the idea of an acid mine and makes me wonder about if we have enough buildables for each team.