Pottle is back, letÂ’s translate!

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
gillux

Pottle is back, let’s translate!

Post by gillux »

Hello,

I traced the bug that prevented Pottle to work, so it’s now usable again. :D And Ishq updated the templates files. Everything should be working and up to date, so let’s translate! There are quite a few new strings to translate like new options, weapons and buildable names and their descriptions, text that appears when the tutorial is on…

lamefun
Tyrant

Re: Pottle is back, let’s translate!

Post by lamefun »

If you used a proprietary or cloud-based solution, it would be fixed long ago.

Superuser

Post by Superuser »

User account is still inactive. :( Both of them. Note that I signed up after Pootle broke.

@lamefun: this technically is cloud-based -it's just not SaaS, it can be hosted. There is a brilliant SaaS solution I mentioned in my whiny thread called https://www.transifex.com/ by Evan Prodromou which works brilliantly and is especially good at merging downloaded .po files with the main repository, at which Pootle almost always fails and breaks everything (another reason why I despise it). Transifex is open source by the way but Transifex.com (SaaS) is pay-only for proprietary software (this is not one!). Not like proprietary is an antidote to everything. You of all people should know it, since I swear I've seen your name in another open source game (damn, what was it... Red Eclipse? Arrgh)!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

We'll figure out why you can't log in to Pootle.

Until then, didn't you want to do a Greek translation? We could set Greek up on Pootle, or we can give you the raw .po file to translate.

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

Login works for me. gj gillux :)

@Superusers: maybe you are not activated?
I think if you use the password reset for these too.
http://unvanquished.net/translate/accou ... ord/reset/

@lamefun: with pink unicorns these problem didn't happen.

fear ma engrish :granger:

Superuser

Post by Superuser »

Thanks kharnov. It is indeed Greek I wanted to translate to.

Right now I still get an error, the same one as when the Pootle instance was broken. It reads as follows:

'Error accessing None, Filesystem sent error: Connection refused'

Sounds like a poorly-modelled database to me!

Anyway, please just send me the .po file, for editing a .po file is the method by which I was planning to translate Unvanquished regardless of the translation infrastructure available.

I shall throw in a plug for Virtaal while I'm at it, which is the best Gettext (though it can open other formats too) editor I have ever used, and would highly recommend it for any power users (or should I say, power translators!). It is brilliant, and if you are a software translator, you should at least try it.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

https://github.com/Unvanquished/Unvanqu ... ranslation You can find our latest .pot files there. You can translate offline with those if you wish.

lamefun
Tyrant

Post by lamefun »

Superuser wrote:

@lamefun: this technically is cloud-based...

Wait, what is cloud then? How can Pootle be cloud-based? Isn't it just an online translation tool written in Python with Django? If it was written in PHP instead, would it still be cloud-based?

danmal

Post by danmal »

What does the language have to do with it?

lamefun
Tyrant

Post by lamefun »

I don't know... What is cloud anyway?