(Ph!los): The Philosophers clan

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
Forty-Two
Mantis

(Ph!los): The Philosophers clan

Post by Forty-Two »

Lemme just copy-paste the thing from tremulous.net..

Hello!

We're a not-too-serious clan from Tremulous 1.1. What started as a renaming joke (everyone used a philosopher's name, for example (Ar!stotle)), eventually became a non-competitive clan.

Our current members are all admins or helpful regulars from Wrath Newbie Training Server. We value fair play, helpfulness, calmness and all that. Skill is not something we're particularly interested in, nor taking the clan too serious: we're more a group of friends than anything else.

Since people seem to enjoy member lists:

(Wolfy) aka (H!ppocrates)
Ham Sammich
AK47
MiningMarsh aka (Darw!n)
<Loutre/> aka (Sp!noza)
a man with no name
Sunrise
Forty-Two aka (Volta!re)

We have two tags: (Ph!los)Name and (Ph!losopher), though some don't have an alias. We've been around for a while, but due to the whole non-competitive/serious thing (I think I've stressed that enough by now :P), we didn't rush off to post here.

So that's the original post. As for Unvanquished, I'm not sure if a lot of us will play it: we're a busy people :P Still, I thought it might be nice to post here.

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

KenuR
Tyrant

Re: (Ph!los): The Philosophers clan

Post by KenuR »

Oh wow, I remember a couple of those guys. It's been a long time!

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

Forty-Two wrote:

everyone used a philosopher's name
Darw!n

:confused:

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

Hippocrates technically wouldn't qualify as philosopher either. However, we decided not to go too strict on people, because a) it started as a renaming joke, and b) because, even if they're not 'real' philosophers, they have dipped into philosophical matters whether they planned to or not, and have changed how people think about those matters substantially, thus influencing philosophy greatly even if you don't consider them philosophers.

KenuR wrote:

Oh wow, I remember a couple of those guys. It's been a long time!

Indeed!

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

Monty Python is always appropriate :)

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Forty-Two wrote:

AK47

You shouldn't have. I'd say Mr.Cat is better than him.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

You may be talking about a different AK47 here. The one I'm talking about is 7A1K747, and as far as I know, only plays lagged (hates unlagged). I very much doubt you'd run into him, you being from Australia and all (you are, right? :P), and lagged/unlagged preferences. I've seen a not-so-great AK47 with a high ping once, maybe that's the one you know.

That aside, this

Our current members are all admins or helpful regulars from Wrath Newbie Training Server. We value fair play, helpfulness, calmness and all that. Skill is not something we're particularly interested in

seems relevant. Newbies can't teach newbies, but for the rest, we don't really care for ingame capabilities. If we did, we'd have to start by kicking me out.

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Forty-Two wrote:

The one I'm talking about is 7A1K747, and as far as I know, only plays lagged (hates unlagged). I very much doubt you'd run into him, you being from Australia and all (you are, right? :P), and lagged/unlagged preferences. I've seen a not-so-great AK47 with a high ping once, maybe that's the one you know.

Actually the one i know/heared of had a similar colour pattern, but blue and green specifically. I think he may have had black once, not sure (most 1.1 servers have disabled the use of black in names due to the default trem console being black), and he's either american or european, since he had low ping on servers wherever i go (if you know what i mean, there aren't many 'alive' servers anymore near me)

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

Well that settles it. Wrong AK.

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.