Shotgun Sights

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
ViruS
Granger

Shotgun Sights

Post by ViruS »

Well if anyone was wondering what it'd look like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOKEBvPG ... ature=plcp

Of course, i don't animate, so i can't really do a proper one.
Also, took me about 3 hours of trial and error to get that exact positions. If someone told me what exactly 'x, y, z' actually meant in first person... it would be a lot faster.
For example, 'x' could mean going forward, sideways, sideways on the screen or synchronising with the map's 'x' value.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Re: Shotgun Sights

Post by KenuR »

The music from your video sounds like something from civ 1 lol

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

For slow motion, you could just do /timescale 0.5

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Asvarox wrote:

For slow motion, you could just do /timescale 0.5

I originally wanted to create a GIF for a signiture, but turns out all those jpegs add up to a size that would take forever to animate. I tried using gamemaker since i had a demo version on my usb from ages ago, took my computer about 15 minutes to finish and get the animation working.
So i decided to shove it into a wmv instead.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

monstercameron

Post by monstercameron »

why don't the devs want to add weapon sights? are they just qoing for yet another quake arena shooter?

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

If by "quake arena shooter" you mean very fast paced, then yes, I think that is the intention, though we are still working out what our final design will be. Adding weapon sights would have to do something to the gameplay to warrant their inclusion; if accuracy were to increase when sights were up, for example, some other variable would have to change to balance it out, which is typically movement speed. Typically, your field of view also decreases (causing your view to zoom in) as well. Between this and movement speed, you would only be making yourself more vulnerable to attack. Aliens move very quickly so you would quickly lose the accuracy/zoom advantage. The mass driver already functions as a zoom weapon; that and its higher damage per shot is its advantage over the other weapons. While usable weapon sights certainly look cool, I can't say that they would make sense. We may try their inclusion at some point in the future, however.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

monstercameron wrote:

why don't the devs want to add weapon sights? are they just qoing for yet another quake arena shooter?

Probably because most modern fps games tend to use them. This makes the game way too easy + slow paced, as whilst you have your sights up you're pretty much stationary.

Yes this game will require a little bit more skill than (most) modern fps games.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Khaoz wrote:

Yes this game will require a little bit more skill than (most) modern fps games.

Most games these days are like "First to spot and aim down sight wins" because it's pretty much 3 hit kills on the head for pretty much all automatic weapons that shoot like 12 bullets/s. I'm not into these types of games because i have a really slow reaction time, about 3 seconds in-game and about 0.2 seconds if im looking directly at it. You could call me a person with tunnel-vision I guess, but it's still enough to allow me to drive. Not that i have passed the test yet.

Btw, i have more sights than shotgun sights done, just download my mod after i re-upload it. Right now there may be things which are incompatable with the new alpha. I won't be updating it for a while since i've got exams next week [actualy starts tommorrow with french orals, shit...] so it won't be updated anytime soon.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage