Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Request new features or present your ideas.
ViruS
Granger

Re: Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Post by ViruS »

seana11 wrote:

You're wrong :P. Have you tried building in the dark stairs on karith with default brightness? How about in the default atcs base as alien? What about the top of the window room in niveus?

Thats one of my fravourite spots for 1.1 human base. I've tried r_gamma 1, its fantastic on maps like atcs although some areas are a bit hard to see. Buildables and player models aren't greately effected by the absence of light in tremulous, so this wasn't a problem for me.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

seana11 wrote:

You're wrong :P. Have you tried building in the dark stairs on karith with default brightness? How about in the default atcs base as alien? What about the top of the window room in niveus?

It's fine for me.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

Thats one of my fravourite spots for 1.1 human base. I've tried r_gamma 1, its fantastic on maps like atcs although some areas are a bit hard to see. Buildables and player models aren't greately effected by the absence of light in tremulous, so this wasn't a problem for me.

dunno, it's just really hard to build when all I see is black...

Holy Elvindor

Post by Holy Elvindor »

I like the idea of the exploding battery pack and stomping-able battlesuit... maybe they are not so hard to implement too?

PaN61

Post by PaN61 »

Please don't include a exploding battery pack. It will be too annoying and OP, also not to mention the balance will be on favor of humans.

That is all.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Holy Elvindor wrote:

I like the idea of the exploding battery pack and stomping-able battlesuit... maybe they are not so hard to implement too?

Battpack explosion is used on W server i think. and its retarded.
Stomping battlesuit has been talked about a lot, but i'm not sure if this has been decided or not. Reminds me, a few days ago i had a stomping relic on arcade mod and just kept crushing dretches, it waz fun. Although laggy, since i had to aim ahead my position.

seana11 wrote:

dunno, it's just really hard to build when all I see is black...

Thats the whole point. But its easy to buid with the green/red indicators.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Holy Elvindor

Post by Holy Elvindor »

Sorry, never really played with the batt explode feature, can you enlighten me of its retardness?
Stomp is kinda overpowered though

Caceous

Post by Caceous »

Stomp would probably be fine if battlesuits had to jump on the dretch to kill it. 25 damage with a small area seems good.
I think a visual could be added for human voice chat. An example is someone hits a raid call bind, and a logo pops up over their head. Then, other people can use the generic yes call while having their cursor on the raid caller. This spawns a little dialogue on everyone's screen as to who is going.
This can tie teams together a little better and, if expanded, help the team get a sense of who is doing what.

maclag

Post by maclag »

Hi all,

Complete beginner (I don't play FPS in general, last and only one was... err... Counter Strike 1.6, something like 10 years ago, and before that, Duke Nukem 3D a bit!!).
I just tried Unvanquished, and here is a quick feedback:

-You should leave the option of not having to activate the weapon/tool after selection (mean: right now, I need to use wheel up/down, then press button3 to "activate" my choice ; I would much prefer if I didn't have to press the button to "activate" my choice). In emergency cases, this is highly confusing ("Die, alien! I'm going to kill you by building something on top of you head... not!")

-Thumbs up for a tutorial and a better doc! I think I've been both an embarrassment and a handicap for the people who just played on my side (I can hear them thinking from here: "who's that moron building a turret opposite the battlefield??")
I still don't know if I'm limited in the number of constructions we can do or if I didn't find the right way to extend. I still don't know if the "constructor" is supposed to do something special to have more powerful stuff available to the team.

-Is there a way to "explore" the maps out of the game, including an option before the game starts? (kind of a "ghost mode": not in the game, but can walk around freely). It's like most FPS: first games, you discover everything, that's fun... except if you're surrounded with people who know the map upside-down and all its tricks, in which case, you die before knowing where the enemy is coming from.

-Finally: hey, that's fun! Even if I obviously suck at that game, that was damned fun (and I managed to kill a few dirty beasts, yeah!)

maclag

Post by maclag »

Ah! I forgot: suggestion for bots management (found that was discussed elsewhere: "put back bots in NA server").
All maps should have a defined minimum number of players. Policy would be: if number not reached, then add a bot. If number reached, then any human connecting kicks out a bot. If human disconnect, bot comes back and take over.