We plan to make a a release 0.54.1 very soon (we hope next Sunday).
We don't have time to do a complete release so it will not be the 0.55 version, but it will be a 0.55 in disguise. Basically we postpone all the communication for the 0.55 release, but this 0.54.1 will bring some urgent fixes that are long due.
- some rendering fixes
- the message telling the user why he has been banned from a server
- some security fix
It was suggested to do an engine-only release but I think it would be bad to not ship the bot fixes that are waited for since almost a year, so this also updates game code, it means:
- better bots
- server list properly displaying the server tag (things like officials and featured servers).
The 0.54.1 will then ship those files
- an updated engine
- an updated unvanquished dpk
- a dummy res-weapons dpk without -dirty in version string, this will make scripts to build nightly servers simpler (no need to take care of that mistake anymore).
Nothing else will be updated. Especially, the complete rebuild of almost all other dpk to fix a texture issue that was produced by a bug in a software (Python Pillow image library) used by Urcheon is not done and will be done for the 0.55 release. It means some minor bugs like the black background on letters in “Cell Block” room will still be mistakenly black. We can live with it until 0.55 is out.
- US: unvanquished_0.54.0-20231207-231136-4559329-0.54.1-rc1.zip
- EU: unvanquished_0.54.0-20231207-231136-4559329-0.54.1-rc1.zip
There is a RC1 server running.
Those not wanting to download the whole RC1 archive can download the engine zip for their platform there then run it with 0.54 assets to join the RC1 server (RC1 files will be downloaded in the
pkg/nightly subfolder). It means running a local RC1 game from autodownloaded files would then need to use the
-set fs_pakprefixes nightly options to the engine.
It's possible to join the RC1 server with the 0.54 engine but for a complete experience of testing the upcoming 0.54.1 release I recommend to also test the RC1 engine.