Introducing Defense Computer

Request new features or present your ideas.
Crepe

Introducing Defense Computer

Post by Crepe »

Hello,

You might know me as I'm the best builder ever in der bunker servers. Did I say I'm a builder? I wanted to say I'm an unvanquished architect. And I'm proud of it. However, now I'd like to talk about an idea I have had.

Normally, (almost) everyone wants to play as a human as it is normally more fun since they can build some rets, some rocket pods and forget about base as long as the items they have built are far enough to prevent them from being attacked by an advanced dragoon's barb.

Even if they get hit by a barb, it requieres 3 shots for a ret or for a rocket pod to be destroyed, so we can admit human base is both strong and automated enough for humans to let it alone while they can dedicate to kill aliens and their structures.

What if we included a new structure, like a defense computer, that would be the one that recovered humans' base's HP? So if an alien shot twice a rocket pod, it would only start recovering its HPs if there was a defense computer built somewhere in the map.

In my opinion, that would make the game more balanced. Also, it would be more realistic, as the defense computer could be described as a box full of nanorobots that repaired the human base if necessary. Otherwise, a machine repairing itself makes no sense, even if that's the current game dynamics.

:defcomp:

PhantomFang
Mantis
Clan: LBF

Re: Introducing Defense Computer

Post by PhantomFang »

hi!
Crepe :
I find that indeed it would be more realistic and better! :check: ha and as long as we are on the subject everyone knows that when the overmind is attacked there is an audio that says "the overming is under attack" it would be nice if that there is also that for humans

SuperDupont
Dretch

Post by SuperDupont »

Or, change the Computer role, by:
- allowing several computer
- If a building is near a computer, can be repaired, or repaired quicker.
- Several computer nearby won't add effect together
- May be, Computer can't themself repair, computer nearby or not
- Reactor always can be self repair?

Crepe

Post by Crepe »

SuperDupont wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:18 pm UTC

Or, change the Computer role, by:
1- allowing several computer
2- If a building is near a computer, can be repaired, or repaired quicker.
3- Several computer nearby won't add effect together
4- May be, Computer can't themself repair, computer nearby or not
5- Reactor always can be self repair?

Hi.

I agree with almost everything (1 to 4) but the last one (5).

RC shouldn't repair itself if there's no RC near it. As you can see, it's really hard to destroy human's main structure unless there's a complete invasion by using goons and tyrants. Practically it's impossible to destroy the reactor by using goons' barbs as it repairs faster than what a goon's barb is regenerated (or faster than what it takes for a goon to come to humans' base again if it gets killed).

Therefore, I can't agree with RC repairing itself.

PhantomFang
Mantis
Clan: LBF

Post by PhantomFang »

yes it's difficult to destruct the reactor...