License statement

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
chris
Modeler

License statement

Post by chris »

Hello friends,

As you know I was absent for quite a while and also took a long break from any 3d graphic related stuff.

I wanted to know how things progressed and read the news and will relicense my models,textures and sounds to CC-BY-SA 4.0 this includes the following:

• Unvanquished Turret
  • Unvanquished Grenade
  • Unvanquished Reactor
  • Unvanquished Rocket
  • Unvanquished Rocketpod
  • Unvanquished Medistat
  • Unvanquished Lasgun
  • Unvanquished Repeater

Please update my license text files accordingly.

I hope this will help you guys in your effort to gain more players.

• Chris
killing time
Programmer

Re: License statement

Post by killing time »

:advgranger: :beer: :bsuit:

:turret: :grenade: :reactor: :medstat: :lasgun: :repeater: ( <-- sadly, several of these emoji are out of date)

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Wow, that's awesome chris! All our models are now free, impressive! That's a really big day in Unvanquished history !!! :bsuit:

Also, I'm very happy to see you're still alive, I was a bit worried about what may have happened to you! I hope everything is OK, and because life is not always easy, I hope there is also hope in yours ! :thumbup:

:advgranger: :coffee: :granger:

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Hi @chris, this is how I pay homage to a man: https://unvanquished.net/now-we-are-free/ :thumbup:

I have a question for you! There is an extra texture in your specular maps, stored in alpha channel.
I found it in reactor and lasgun specular map, see: https://github.com/UnvanquishedAssets/r ... -627618112

Your text files say such model provides this:

Code: Select all

Diffuse,Normal,Specular-Gloss,Glow

So I would assume this extra map in specular map alpha channel is a gloss map. I've read contradictory stuff about gloss maps, even some people saying a gloss map is another name for a specular map and some others saying a gloss map is a specular map but stored with pixel color reverted, but if you ship both, this would mean both statement would be wrong.

I know our specular code read the alpha channel of our specular maps to compute things, so we may implement that gloss feature:
https://github.com/DaemonEngine/Daemon/ ... #L127-L129

Can you enlighten me about what's this all about? I would like to be sure before saying to other people the engine supports gloss map, I would not want to say something wrong if I'm wrong.

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.