Unvanquished 0.51.1 server map rotation not working

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
constatinus

Unvanquished 0.51.1 server map rotation not working

Post by constatinus »

Just compiled the unvanquished master branch, set up server and it says: "Warn: maprotation.cfg file not found", after loading the navmesh files. I have put the maprotation in the root build directory where the daemonded is started from, config, pkg, ~/.unvanquished, ~/.local/share/unvanquished and nothing seems to work. The server wont detect my maprotation.cfg file??

illwieckz
Project Head

Re: Unvanquished 0.51.1 server map rotation not working

Post by illwieckz »

Hi @constatinus. :smile: You can forget the ~/.unvanquished directory since it's the older directory used by previous versions of the game. Newer versions starting with 0.51.1 (the current one at the time I'm writing this) now follows XDG guidelines and use ~/.local/share/unvanquished directory instead.

The maprotation file must be stored there (create the game subdirectory first if it's missing): ~/.local/share/unvanquished/game/maprotation.cfg

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

constatinus

Re: Unvanquished 0.51.1 server map rotation not working

Post by constatinus »

illwieckz wrote:

Hi @constatinus. :smile: You can forget the ~/.unvanquished directory since it's the older directory used by previous versions of the game. Newer versions starting with 0.51.1 (the current one at the time I'm writing this) now follows XDG guidelines and use ~/.local/share/unvanquished directory instead.

The maprotation file must be stored there (create the game subdirectory first if it's missing): ~/.local/share/unvanquished/game/maprotation.cfg

Thanks very much! i needed to remove the fs_homepath and homepath commands.