Male Soldier

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Male Soldier

Post by kharnov »

How does he look wearing his armor?

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

The beard stops too far below the nose to be naturally grown in that area, it looks like he shaped a line right below the nose (which may be the crack in his century but for current standards this looks a bit odd). Maybe make the beard reach closer to the nose and be a bit more convex in that area?

Improved the beard a bit

How does he look wearing his armor?

The armor upgrade uses the same textures, I only just played with the shape so it fits better.

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Awesome! I think we're done here, good job! :smile:

Can you provide a license and send the files to kharnov so we can dispatch them to gavlig for animation?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Very good!

By the way, if you're up for one more assignment, we've got a nice one, an alien player model.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Cool :-D, glad you like it

I have to sort and prepare the files

I will give the model the same way the female was given to me:

-Armor 1 Model, can use the same texture as the female version (model modified from the original made by the other modeller)

-Armor 2 Model, can use the same texture as the female version (model modified from the original made by the other modeller)

-Body model (will include modified boots and gloves models made by the other modeller)

-Head model

-A zip containing the textures files in TGA and the Photoshop files in cases you want to play with the layers and stuff.

I will get on it as soon as I can, it should be done before midnight today

I haven't touched the helmet so it should theoretically be unecessary to include it

As for the alien model, I'd be interested in modeling it, but I would like more info on it before accepting ^^

-R.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

This work is licensed under a <CC-BY-SA 3.0> license, attribute it to <RXMT>

I created the body and the face

I did not create (but I modified) the models of the gloves and all of the armor pieces

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t7j3d ... _Files.zip

I did not include the psd files for you because together they weight more than 0.6 gb, but it would be nice for you to have them if you want to tweak something later on. If you want them, just ask ^^

Tell me if everything's ok

Ciao :)

-R.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Hey thanks, we'll be taking a look at this in-game shortly before animation, so that we can see how he looks in the in-game renderer.

As for the other model, it's called the dragoon. It's a medium-sized alien with a bulky build and has similar colors to your overmind. Someone else was modeling it a year ago, but couldn't continue due to real-life obligations. You can claim it, if you'd like, and you could either base it off the previous attempt, or make your own version of it.

Here was his last high-poly shot of it:

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Can't wait to see how he looks in-game!

Hey thanks, we'll be taking a look at this in-game shortly before animation, so that we can see how he looks in the in-game renderer.

As for the other model, it's called the dragoon. It's a medium-sized alien with a bulky build and has similar colors to your overmind. Someone else was modeling it a year ago, but couldn't continue due to real-life obligations. You can claim it, if you'd like, and you could either base it off the previous attempt, or make your own version of it.

Here was his last high-poly shot of it:

I will probably sketch a few concepts of my own and try to come up with something I will have designed

Is there a thread for it in wich I can post my progress?

Thanks

-R.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

I moved all of the dragoon posts here: http://forums.unvanquished.net/viewtopi ... =46&t=1797

Hopefully I didn't butcher anything while moving them, Viech!

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

RXMT wrote:

I did not include the psd files for you because together they weight more than 0.6 gb, but it would be nice for you to have them if you want to tweak something later on. If you want them, just ask ^^

So I asked :smile:

Soldier Head texture by RXMT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6niSX ... sp=sharing SoldierMale_Head_Textures.psd
Soldier Body texture by RXMT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6niSX ... sp=sharing SoldierMale_Body_Textures.psd

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.