Barricade

Export and import of assets.
Viech
Project Head

Barricade

Post by Viech »

The Barricade is being importet by enneract. I'd like to get a pk3 link containing uncompressed textures posted here when it's ready for my tests and color adjustments. (I could request that on IRC but we should stick to the forums so people can particiapte and know what's up. And I don't need to track stuff like this on paper and there's less risk of it being forgotten.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

enneract
Programmer

Re: Barricade

Post by enneract »

I uploaded all source/uncompressed files here: http://unvanquished.net/enneract/src/barricade/.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Can you post your pk3, too?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Discussion from IRC:

#unvanquished-dev wrote:

<Viech> after the barricade shrinks, there is another transition towards the shrunken idle state
<Viech> which seems to be procedural animation blending
[…]
<Viech> death animation is broken, flips the model by 90°
<Viech> texture maps look good enough so that I wouldn't necessarily hack them just yet
[…]
<theinvsblman> right.. i had to reexport it (gavlig rotated it by 180 degrees instead of 90) so i probably messed something up
<Viech> for some reason the bug where the build menu is empty is more frequent on this branch
<theinvsblman> i noticed it too
<Viech> gavlig_work, small criticism on the pain animation: the head always going towards the upper right corner feels repetitive, I'd rather not have it go to either side this strongly
<Viech> if both the death rotation is fixed and the build menu doesn't go empty I don't consider the animation mismatch to be a release breaker, given that we have procedural blending for stuff like that. I'd like it to be fixed in the long run though

Also note that we can rotate models inside the config files now, no need to do this with the model itself.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

#unvanquished-dev wrote:

<Viech> the problem with the cade texture is that it has shading in the diffusemap
[…]
<Viech> there is no normal map for the tentacles
<Viech> just for the base
[…]
<Viech> the one for the base has a horrible resolution, too
<Viech> pixels can be counted
[…]
<theinvsblman> what do you mean it already has shading?
<theinvsblman> right, i see. the AO is way too strong on the textures
[…]
<Viech> http://imgur.com/o6WRhiD,KcXS7gi,53uwZQo,kUo1TP4
<Viech> 1) no normal map, just model normals 2) with normal map, there clearly is none active on the tentacles 3) no normal map, shows shading anyway which is incorrect 4) with normal map as it shows up in game - looks kind of OK but not really perfect

enneract
Programmer

Post by enneract »

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Barricade is ingame.