Battlesuit

Model animations and effects.
gavlig
Animator

Battlesuit

Post by gavlig »

I got some free time on this weekend and started skinning bsuit. Tell me what you think about issues illustrated here: http://minus.com/mw2n8kN29l4ck

Viech
Project Head

Re: Battlesuit

Post by Viech »

Can you limit the distortion on the arm to the blue fibre somehow?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

i'll try. The problem is that those parts have generally low resolution. But again, i'll try to fix that. But first tell me if textures are going to be changed at all? Now they are pretty messed up and totally not fappable

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Not by lhdc probably. They can be assigned to someone else however.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

gavlig, can you tell what's wrong with the textures and what should be changed about them to create less artifacts during animation? I can create a texture improvment assignment then.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Well, first -- they are aliased a lot. You can notice a lot of "ladders" all over diffuse texture(same for others, but it's noticable on diff the most). Second -- some weird noise like black dots are here and there. Third -- parts that are going to be deformed a lot use small pieces of texture space so they get distorted A LOT. I'll try to walk around the last issue, but that would make sense only if we get fixed first two issues.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Posted. Sorry for the delay.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Closed in favor of the other battlesuit thread.