Flames are too Strong

Post any feedback you have about the game here.
Comet_
Mantis

Flames are too Strong

Post by Comet_ »

cu-kai, a few others and I played many games today and we found that the most un-fun and broken seeming weapon/gameplay feature was flames. The flames for some reason behave much more differently than in 1.2 where they stick around for a couple seconds before vanishing. In a game we played, Kez made flame traps where he would flamer the floor and no one would be able to pass... ever! By that I mean that the flames didnt ever extinguish; they stayed there for the entire game! I tried to record the eternal flame, but cu-kai came in as a granger and extinguished it because he, and the rest of the gamers, wasn't having it. In the second part of the video, I walk on a single flame, then on the rest; it appears that the damage stacks and when you are standing in it you can only last a couple seconds as a Tyrant! Now that's too strong!

This includes the flame grenade. You can see an example of it in the second life on human side. The flame grenade does super amounts of damage and also has that lingering flame effect that the flamer had, however it doesn't last eternally. Bottom-line, if one of the nades got into the base, everything near it died (more so than the grenade which is 50 c more).

phpBB [video]

EDIT: Watching the video now, I can actually see that the flames severely reduced my frames by about half (from 60 to 30).

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Flames are too Strong

Post by kharnov »

That is almost definitely a bug. I wonder if it was introduced with the CBSE merge. Nice catch.

Viech
Project Head

Re: Flames are too Strong

Post by Viech »

kharnov wrote:

That is almost definitely a bug. I wonder if it was introduced with the CBSE merge. Nice catch.

Very likely. It seems like now flames can stack which would decrease their chance of extinguishing, too. I'll look into it.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction