Eggpod (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Egg (2)

Post by Viech »

Sorry for the delay, I put your latest textures ingame:

Without normal & specular:

With normal & specular:

The brightness difference between the bottom and top of the sides is still too big in my opinion, this time it's only on the diffuse map though. There are also still a good amount of (now undirected) shadows on the diffuse map, which results in over-contrasting when normal maps are applied. Ideally, the diffuse map contains only the color tone and not much variance in brightness.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

SyphonX
Modeler

Post by SyphonX »

I'll try and keep playing around with the textures, I had the latest texture blown out to see how bright i really needed to have the textures look good in the game engine.

Sorry for any delays and whatnot as I've recently been promoted to art director for my game company currently working on a cherished franchised, so it has taken up the majority of my time and commitment seeing to management, meetings, recruitment and all the other responsibilities that comes with the job.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

SyphonX wrote:

I've recently been promoted to art director for my game company

Gratulations! :thumbup:

We are not in a big hurry with the egg. Our next alpha release is on 2015-01-04, if you can finish the texture one or two days before that that would be ideal, otherwise just give us a life sign so we know you're still on it. :wink:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Chris pointed out another small issue with the normal map on IRC:

chris wrote:

I guess the green channel needs to be flipped for our engine, if you look closer to the veins you see that the shadows are pointing up and the highlights pointing down

We can do this for you, but I'm posting it anyway to keep it in mind.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It appears SyphonX has left the boat and the current state of the egg isn't quite where we want it. Going to reassign.