Hey I can't launch the game :(

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Bluefire

Hey I can't launch the game :(

Post by Bluefire »

Hi everybody I come from Tremulous, Edge server and I would like try this game.
I downloaded it but I have this error message:

"Could not load default base pak"unvanquished"Copy log to clipboard?"

Thx for help. :smile:

lamefun
Tyrant

Re: Hey I can't launch the game :(

Post by lamefun »

Welcome to Unvanqished! Right now you have witnessed the full glory of "open" source, "free" software! daemon.exe should be in the same directory as pkg. If you unpacked win64.zip into a subdirectory, simply move everything right next to pkg.

BTW developers think some truth: maybe this is the very reason Unvanqished has so few players?

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

BTW developers think some truth: maybe this is the very reason why they develop an updater to prevent the user from having this problem.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

lamefun, one more time, please stop messing around with new forum members and people seeking for support.

Bluefire, welcome to the forums! If you're using the multi-platform package the solution is probably what lamefun suggested: The binaries need to be in the same folder as the pkg subdirectory.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire »

What is the multi platform packtage? I Downloaded the game here and then what I have to do?

https://www.unvanquished.net/?page_id=318

I use windows

lamefun
Tyrant

Post by lamefun »

Viech wrote:

lamefun, one more time, please stop messing around with new forum members and people seeking for support.

I'm simply telling the truth, what's wrong with that?

illwieckz wrote:

BTW developers think some truth: maybe this is the very reason why they develop an updater to prevent the user from having this problem.

Is an installer planned too? It looks like Unvanquished used to have an installer: https://github.com/Unvanquished/BitRock. But now it's not maintained. You can have an installed without an updater.

The thing is, PROprietary software developers set priorities, and they actually have the resources to follow through on their priorities thanks to the protective power of ★DRM★! Human culture is safe!

Priority 1: there should be an easy way to install the game, installer.exe, that's hard to botcher, as not to embarrassingly lose potential new players who can't even launch the game.

Bluefire wrote:

What is the multi platform packtage? I Downloaded the game here and then what I have to do?

https://www.unvanquished.net/?page_id=318

I use windows

Unpack the win64.zip archive, make sure you unpack everything right next to the pkg directory.

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire »

Thx Lamefun, now I can join a game but I am kicked:

Error:CM_InlineModel:badnumber

Help me!

lamefun
Tyrant

Post by lamefun »

Bluefire wrote:

Thx Lamefun, now I can join a game but I am kicked:

Error:CM_InlineModel:badnumber

Help me!

I have no idea.

kangz
Programmer

Post by kangz »

Ok lamefun you are starting to be really annoying.

@Bluefire: are you running alpha 0.36? This problem happens sometimes when you have a version mismatch between the server and your client.

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire »

No, I have the 0.32

Where I should download the good version?