Fixed IQM Turret

Export and import of assets.
Viech
Project Head

Fixed IQM Turret

Post by Viech »

There is a new iqm model for the turret with fixed animations which needs to be put ingame. Note that the thread above contains further information on the bone setup. Please post a link to a properly versioned pk3 when done. I will then test it and make sure it ends up in the release.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Fixed IQM Turret

Post by Ishq »

I tried to do this several months ago, but I never got it to work. I will take another look this week.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Fixed the pitch. Yaw still WIP. I can't get the stupid thing to aim at me. By the way, chris needs to make an attack animation (barrel rotating). up on github under the newturret branch if someone else wants to take a stab. It's basically messing with the es->angles2[yaw] - es->angles[yaw] line until it aims at you. GL

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I got this. The pk3 is here, test it on the newturret branch.

The only thing I could use to improve the implementation further is a version of the turret that has only the idle animation (the static, neutral pose). For now I added hacks that disable the construction and death animations so that I have full control over the turret inside the gamelogic. (The power related animations I just don't call.)

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction