Basilisk (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Basilisk (2)

Post by Viech »

Please post the link to the pk3 as the images aren't quite ideal to base feedback upon (bad location to judge specular and normal map, low resolution, jpg artifacts, low quality graphics settings).

I also reopened this thread, not sure why it was marked complete given that the artist wanted to look at the model ingame to plot out further steps.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

unvanquished.net/modi/mantis.tar.xz

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Two more shots:

The textures appear to need more layers – only the body has subtle color variance (the purple around the dimples), the other parts are rather monochromatic. Little details such as thorns, the feet, the hole in the head shell or the areas between the leg segments (and a few more) could be stressed by using a different material. The head shell itself is near black and looks a bit too much like metal from up close. In my opinion, red doesn't quite fit the mandibles and the sting, something closer to chitin/keratin or maybe dark brown (like plant thorns) could work well I guess. The blue tone as such could turn out to be a nice ground layer. The eyes look good.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

I see Viech, I will work on textures a bit more as you suggested me. Thank you for your help mate.

Seems that spec map need to be a bit more sharpen whites and blacks, because head should be much more reflective. Anyways I will fix it.

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Hi guys,

First of all I want to say sorry to all of you because I have been disconnected for a long time without any explanation. I will write later to Kharnov.

One thing I leanrt with Basilisk is that I don't know how to texture properly, I tried it as best as I can but I failed all time. So you have here textures in psd format, if anyone want to texture it or improve what I did, you are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boti4ve7bgw1p ... es.7z?dl=0

So sorry for this long delay,

Sergio Anes Alcolea

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Welcome back, Cupside!

As far as I know, Stannum has been working on the lisk's texture lately, maybe he can incorporate what you have so far.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Please remember to post updates here, I saw a few of them on IRC but they never ended up in the thread, which means there will be no feedback or visible progress.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Cupside, could you provide a license for the model? Also, we need a seperate license from Stannum for his textures.

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

This 3D model is licensed under a CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, attribute it to Sergio Anes Alcolea.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The mantis made it ingame this month with a new skin by Stannum and an animation by gavlig. :smile: