Armoury

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Armoury

Post by Viech »

Put them ingame:

Old

New

Brigthness matches the other buildables better. However, the main body of the armoury (cylinder that has the screen attached to it) looks a bit more brushed/scratched/noisy while the others look a bit more smooth. Raising specularity a tad could improve this. I think the top of the armoury's feet would be a good reference for its main body.

Old

New

A seem on that side (to the left of the screen) is more visible now. The area below the top where the red stripe meets the small silver stripe above it results in lowpoly artifacts, maybe making the silver stripe black (like the horizontal black stripes on the main body) could work around this. Again I feel a tad more specularity on the main body could result in better highlights.

The top looks much more interesting but the material looks like solid iron and is quite dark compared with the other surfaces. Maybe using a material more similiar to the feet/body would be better. You could paint the golden ribbed part black to maintain some contrast.

A family foto. Surface materials vary quite a bit but I think that's still within reasonable bounds.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I think it's looking all good now! :smile:

Both brightness and smoothness match the other structures.

There's still a seam but it's barely visible (like before).

The top looks clean and invites marauders to jump on.

Another family picture. Good job!

The latest pk3 can be grabbed here.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Awesome job as always, Warvinc.

Do you want to do another model? Perhaps a gun?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Now we just need a license and I can mark this case closed.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

yeaaah thanks a lot if you guys are happy I am too :)

Is that possible to have like 1 or 2 more shots in-game of the Armory alone,and maybe 1 shot including the armory,telenode and the drill?woud be cool so I could put it in my portfolio :)

This work is licensed under a CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, attribute it to Vincent Monfette(Warvinc)

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Oh and for now I'll just take a small brake so I can finish some personal project I'll hit you guys when I'm ready to start another model,but I will for sure, I love working with you! :D

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Warvinc wrote:

Is that possible to have like 1 or 2 more shots in-game of the Armory alone,and maybe 1 shot including the armory,telenode and the drill?woud be cool so I could put it in my portfolio :)

Here we go. Shout if you need more. Have fun with your projects, hopefully see you in a while. :smile: