SMG

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
gavlig
Animator

Re: SMG

Post by gavlig »

Seriously jealous of your skill! Thank you for your great contribution!

hristew
Modeler

Post by hristew »

@gavlig Thanks! I look forward to making more :)
@alex_bo Thanks man!
@janev Yes, I'll probably change it in the final tweaks of the textures
@Viech I'd rather let someone else animate it, as my focus isn't really animating and it takes me a lot of time to get something good

I'll upload an archive soon with the final maps after some minor tweaks, and the two .obj's, first person and third person, if the triangle number is adequate. It's something like 5.6k for first person, with magazine and cartridge (5.2k without the right side rail) and 3.4k for the third person model, with magazine and cartridge.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Stannum will animate it for us in first-person, so post the files when you're done.

hristew
Modeler

Post by hristew »

Here are the files: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... _20_XI.zip

Got the third person down to 1.5k triangles:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Cool!

One more thing: We'd need you to release your work under a free license so we can add it to the game, preferably CC-BY-SA-3.0 or any other license that is atleast equally permissive. You should also specify how your work should be attributed to you (e.g. your nick or full name or both).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

hristew
Modeler

Post by hristew »

I hereby release the work I reference in this thread under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, attribute it to hristew.

Burning Ice
Animator

Post by Burning Ice »

Hello gaming people!

I'm Russ, and I've recently joined your team as an animator, and it has been requested that I share my first project with you.

Here is a quick test render of the SMG reload. The holster, draw, fire, and idle animations are done as well, and I'll see if I can render them out in the next day or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUmebNQ4aSM

Glad to be aboard :grin:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Welcome abord Burning Ice! :smile:

There's a thread dedicated to the animation of the SMG in another subforum. I'll give you feedback there soon, got to organize a few other things first.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Here, hristew reuploaded the SMG. Should have the most recent first-person and third-person models. Can you check and see if it's the same, Burning Ice?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318 ... _20_XI.zip

Burning Ice
Animator

Post by Burning Ice »

Aside from the stock being extended in the newer file, they look the same to me. You can't see the stock in the viewport anyway :P