Drill (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Warvinc
Modeler

Re: Drill (2)

Post by Warvinc »

I'm a wonderful goose :O!This week I'm really busy at work we need to deliver the task we made so, I don't really have the time to work on the armoury,next week I'll try to send you an update! :grenade:

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

:thumbup:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I'll try to get ds to export this as a md5 model. If this works then we know the issues we saw were introduced in the iqm export process (which isn't unlikely).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

We are still figuring this out. gavlig reexported the model and I added the new textures but the shading errors remain for now. (However, the new diffuse/specular map already look quite a bit better from a quick glance!) gavlig will try a reexport soon and asked me to leave these notes here for him:

• Scale the model up by a factor of 3 (or 2.97 to reach the exact size we will likely be using ingame).

• Move the origin in the center of the bounding box, since it will be referenced by the gamelogic (e.g. damage based on distance).

Here are screenshots of the current drill ingame, showing the shading artifacts:

(Without normalmapping.)

(With normalmapping.)

Note that these screenshots were taken with improved settings that will be introduced in Alpha 27. (Read here for more.) I'm also currently using the original tga versions of the latest textures, so the strength of the normal map on the drill might increase further.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Warvinc, please take part in this discussion.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The shading on the Drill was fixed. Read here for more.

Compared with the other human structures, it looks like a decrease in diffuse brightness and a slight increase in specularity could improve it further:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

If you want to, I can make another serious of promo ingame shots of the fixed drill for your portfolio.

Warvinc
Modeler

Post by Warvinc »

Maybe I'd take some in-game shots yeah of course thanks :D