Battle Suit (2)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Ishq
Project Head

Re: Battle Suit (2)

Post by Ishq »

Try 'em both if its not too difficult. The three eye thing sounds more exciting though.

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

I'm not too fond of the terminator eyes. I think the original idea for the helmet was for it to be fully armored to give maximum protection. Visibility would then be given by cameras somewhere else. In general I like the model and the artist has done good work however I do not like the skin. I liked the dark grey from earlier revisions.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Whatever path you go with, if it looks similiar to human eyes, it should be positioned on top of the actual eyes, otherwise it would just look wrong in terms of proportion. Note that the original concept has the vision much closer to the real eyes, too, not sure if close enough though.

The only way to have the vision not match the eye position is making it clear that cameras are used. The concept only hints at this but isn't bold enough. This could be done by adding more bulk or, as kharnov suggested, by having the vision piece in a single spot. However, even in the latter case the vision needs atleast two lenses so the carrier can get a 3D impression of their environment (however, they can be relatively close together like on a 3D camcorder).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

im having some problems with my normal again, the mirror is fucking up the seans i will remake the Uvs, and bake the textures again, then will make the tests with the eyes, and glow maps and stuff! sorry about the delay, working on other projects too!

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Don't worry, time is not an issue.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Stop trying to be so literal, this is a videogame.

lhdc
Modeler

Post by lhdc »

remake the UVs, testing the normal.
this preview only have the normal applied!
will remake the gloss and color maps now

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

:pizza: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LHDC :pizza:

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Congratulations! :beer: :granger: