libRocket

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Viech
Project Head

Re: libRocket

Post by Viech »

ViruS, I'm heavily in favor of this specific type of pie menu. It's probably the only one that is fast enough to compete with binds.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Viech wrote:

ViruS, I'm heavily in favor of this specific type of pie menu. It's probably the only one that is fast enough to compete with binds.

The type I showed is quicker in my opinion, because all you have to do is hold the buy button, hover over the weapon, let go, and done!

But the one I heard about from the early attempts ishq had made seems that you're still in a menu in which you have to click cancel to exit it. If you accidentally press the evolve button as aliens in mid-battle, with the method I just suggested, you won't get stuck in the evolve menu as it'll only blink, provided that you didn't move the mouse while pressing it (in which you could evolve instantly)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I agreed with you ViruS.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Pazu

Post by Pazu »

They're not mutually exclusive, though, are they? The "button and mouse"-type menu can work with Rocket?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

While this will likely be the default menu shipped in Unvanquished, you can always make your trem style menus, or any other menus you care to make in your own HUDs.