Jetpack

Concept artwork for models and maps.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Jetpack

Post by Viech »

Apart from my feedback above I find the general shape of this concept pretty good. For the surface, real world aerospace materials might be a good source of inspiration. Titanium, carbon fibre, something like that. I guess what most of them have in common is the smooth and "clean" look with a moderate shinyness. But don't spend too much time on that, a texture can easily be optimized on the finished model, the shape is more important for now.

Does this give you a better idea?

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

I might not have covered everything. But I touched on the texture and the propellers. Added vents at the heavy bottom part. It could evacuate hot air from the pack, say.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5drpbt591xqy4km/jetpack.jpg

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

This looks a lot better already! I love the combination of carbon and metal alloy and the foldable jets are just as I imagined. Vents and wings are fine, too. I guess we are on the right track here. I have some more feedback for both Jetpack and Armoury but again I'm quite tired. I'm currently packed with a good amount of work and I didn't even find the time to buy more :coffee: today… :frown: Tomorrow I'll have some more time for the project!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Well take it easy man. Whenever you have more feedback just write something.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Apart from this, I think it's ready to be modeled.

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I guess we can use that! Meanwhile I've been working on the code implementation of the new jetpack. Maybe we can test an early version of it this sunday.

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Cool! Let me know if you need any changes on that.